Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pooler, GA).

Interview

I sat down with the manager and we had a very pleasant and easy conversation before getting into questions for the job. The entire experience was positive, and I was even asked about another available position at the store location, and given useful information in regards to both available positions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle certain situations, why I wanted to work for Michael's, and if I would possibly seek a different position down the road.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied to a store near my home during the holidays. I specifically wished to work near my home since this would be my second job and I already commute a great deal for my full time job. However, my application was pulled by the store manager, (his own admission) of another store 15 minutes from my home. I wanted the job so when I interviewed with the SM I accepted the position even though it only paid ten cents above minimum wage, ($7.35.) I feel that the manager acted deceitful in pulling my application solely for another store.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clovis, CA).

Interview

online application, called to follow up, and received a interview the next day. Interview questions were pretty easy. If you have retail experience it should be a piece of cake.

Department Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Submit your application online and then wait for a call.
    Once in the interview it is simple and just a few questions. Depending on the manager, you might not even meet them until after you are hired. The current manager rarely meets with his own employees each day, son new hires rarely see him in an interview (conducted by assistant manager)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much too it. After discussing pay and hourly requirements they started the filing process for my hire

Replenishment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Typical. Sitting in a room with a very large table normally used for art class/tutorial instruction. Originally scheduled to interview for Replenishment Manager. Interview conducted by employee who had just been promoted to the position applied but not imparted to me until I am sitting in front of the interviewing employee. Interviewer interviews me for her former position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Super easy and quick. Asked basic questions so nothing too over the top and tricky. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Wear something professional of course. Overall, the whole interview was very laid-back, but make sure to still answer and look professional.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy, I left knowing I was hired, very laid back, very nice people, in and out really fast took about 20 mins or so, he didn't make you feel uncomfortable at all. All the employees working were pleasant and eager to help out.

Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a hiring manager who gave me a brief overview of the company and what they are looking for. I then had a follow-up with a design manager who was more familiar with the job experience day-to-day.

Interview Questions

• What specifically in your experience would make you ideal for this role?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

It was pretty chill. Went to the back room where they hold birthday parties and stuff and just answered a few questions. They asked a little about my volunteering background, probably wondering if I'd be interested in conducting the Saturday arts and crafts days.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Was called a few days later. Interview was great. Manager made it seem like a wonderful place to work. She made working there sound fun & was happy I was an artist with customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• She asked what my theme song would be. Thought that was odd.   Answer Question