Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview, as with most interviews, consisted of a set of interviewers. Some directly related to the opportunity that I interviewed for and some peer-level. All of the interviewers, in my opinion, made sense to be on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department? What do I bring?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview and met, first, with the store manager and, later, with the district manager. I was hired on as a Customer Experience Manager directly after the second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Hired on the spot with little question about my experience or anything other than "how soon can you start".
    It was such an easy interview, I have to add nonsense just to get to the 30-word minimum for Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the manager . Was asked about previous retailexperience. Manager wanted to know if I was able to sales their Michael's Reward program to customers and get them to sign up.

Interview Questions

• If you sold pens, How would you get me to buy this pen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2017.

Interview

Never even got the interview. Was told the hiring manager was still in her last interview and to just hang out up front. 30 minutes later I'm still waiting but the previous interview had concluded and no one came to get me for mine. What a waste of time.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2017.

Interview

They focused on diligence and hard work. The hours would be early morning hours starting at 3AM.
    They asked about my work history and what I think "team work," and "good" and "bad" customer service means. Interviewers were very nice and personable, and it felt very conversational.

PT Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clifton Park, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Walked in a few days later to do a return and inquire about my application. After asking what my availability was and how much retail experience I had the full time CEM interviewed me on the spot. Was asked to come back later that day to meet with the store manager. Interview with the store manger went great and was told he had to run my past his district manager and that I might need to interview with them as well. Waited a few days and called to check for any updates, was told I didn't need to come back to meet the district manager, but would need to come back to "discuss a few things", when I came back I was offered the job contingent on passing a background check! Took 5 days for the background check to come back and I start Monday!!!

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. They wanted to know why I wanted to work for Michaels and what my creative hobbies were. Availability and experience discussed.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Miami, FL).

Interview

I sat down in the security room and the assistant manager asked me about work experience, when I was available and then they reviewed my application. The process was very simple for me because I overheard another interview before mine and they were much harder questions than they were for me.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Got called in to interview, sat down with a manager and discussed my experience and how it applied to the position. Discussed pay and my hours of availability. Left with expectation of hearing back within a few days and was called the next day with job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of craft to do?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

NOTE: This was NOT for a PT sales position but for a FT Corporate Sr. Management position. Interview went well, it was the follow-up that was unacceptable. HR positioned me as in the top 4 after I completed 2 extensive skill projects for them. The communication after the interview, which appeared to go well, went from responsive to zero response. Hey I'm an adult, I just expect the professionalism of a form letter, "thanks for coming in" but, we have decided to hire another candidate" or "position put on hold" or "position canceled"... they all work for me works for me. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend ( based on my research) with corporate and HR and hiring managers to treat prospective candidate with little to no respect. Allowing a candidate to think they have a chance at a position, while possible passing up other opportunities, is very direspectful and that of a coward. Unfortunately this reflects badly on the hiring manager as well as the Company. Hey, I followed up with Thank you emails and Thank you notes, all I received was silence, disappointing.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with both the district manager and the store manager and both were quite easy going. I initially applied for a different position, but became interested in this one halfway through the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was your most embarrassing moment.   1 Answer