Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.3

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Meriden, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very comfortable relaxed interview. It took about only 15 minutes. The only real question asked was why I decided to apply to Michaels. The rest of the time she explained about the job requirements, the hours, and how excited she was that a woman applied!

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Applied online (using their very long application) and got a call back a day later asking me to come in for an interview. The interviewer briefly explained what the job was all about then asked very general questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the manager and other customer service reps for about 15-20 minutes with normal questions. They made decisions by the end of the week. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Petaluma, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a simple sit down and answer a few questions sort of thing. Getting the interview was sort of frustrating however because I constantly had to call them instead of them calling me. They were also a little disorganized, but the person who interviewed me was nice.

Replenishment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Typical. Sitting in a room with a very large table normally used for art class/tutorial instruction. Originally scheduled to interview for Replenishment Manager. Interview conducted by employee who had just been promoted to the position applied but not imparted to me until I am sitting in front of the interviewing employee. Interviewer interviews me for her former position.

Early Morning Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I scheduled the interview and on that day arrived on time. I notified the checker that I had an interview. I was sent to a waiting room. It took a very, very long time for the manager to show up. I waited for over 15 minutes. It did not help either, because I ended getting more nervous and I even thought of leaving after 20 minutes passed. Finally, the manager showed up. The interview was very quick! It only took about 5-8 minutes and then it was done. She told me she would send me the background check. I saw that it said in the email if I passed the background check, they would then offer me the job. I authorized the background. Several weeks later since I authorized the background check and I have heard nothing since. I figure they must've found someone more qualified to do the stocker job. I won't be applying for Michaels again, waste of time. I still have no idea what they thought of me.

Cashier/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I went in and told an associate I was there for an interview. She told me to wait in the arts and craft room. After about 5 minutes of waiting the manager came in and introduced himself. He asked me basic questions and we were done in less than 10 minutes. I was very nervous (first interview) but I started feeling comfortable as soon as I met him. He said that they will probably call me the next day. ( I'm submitting this the same day as the interview so I do not know if they want to hire me thats why Iput no offer)

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Applied to micheals, got a call 2 days later. Interview was very relaxed, asked me about college and offered me a different job than the one I applied for. I wasn't able to take it because of school so they never called me back

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from them wanting to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted my application online. I went in and get interviews in one of the classrooms. It was my first interview ever, so I was very nervous. I had no idea how to prepare except for looking on Glassdoor.com ;) The manager made me feel very relaxed and asked simple questions. Some of the questions he asked were on the application, so I just repeated what I said. After he finished, he gave me a tour of the store. Quick and painless.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was about 10 minutes. It was the most impersonal one I've experienced. The interviewer was happy to know that I had experience already. Just an overview of the position and hours, if it's something I wanted to do. She told me what the pay would be. Said she would email me...after the background check, which as I learned with Michaels to authorize a background check they actually email you a form first. After the interview and learning that, I thought it was strange. Called back a week and a half later, still interviewing people and haven't made a decision.

For what the job is, in the application process is a tedious questionnaire which I thought was odd for mostly what the job is.