Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview, as with most interviews, consisted of a set of interviewers. Some directly related to the opportunity that I interviewed for and some peer-level. All of the interviewers, in my opinion, made sense to be on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department? What do I bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

it was quick and they hired me right there. it was in a college town so there is a lot of turnover. they asked me a few questions and i answered them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Garner, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Online through Infor, brief and easy to use. Asked many questions about personal temperament as well as the ability to handle changing environments and if one is a good worker in a group of people. Also asked if people are generally good or bad in nature.

Interview Questions

• When you're mad is it okay to yell at people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really easy. There weren't any situational questions at all. It was my first job interview ever and they were really impressed by me bringing in copies of my resume and asking questions back. Just be prepared; it'll blow their minds, especially if you're a teenager.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got a call for an interview. We scheduled an interview for two hours later. Interview took five minutes. Got an email for a background check two days later.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Called to check the status of my app and ended up scheduling an interview. When I went in for the interview wasn't pressured with a lot of questions didn't even seem like an interview because I was only asked one question really, the rest of the interview felt kind of like a lecture or some sort of orientation, it was very quick though. They made it seem like I was going to get the job and that they was interested by telling me stuff about how they do things around the store and everything but never called me back even after I called to check the status after the interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very fast around 9 minutes, all the questions I prepared for were never asked but over all was a nice guy. They seemed desperate for help so that might be a factor for such a fast interview .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2017.

Interview

Retail experience is a must, I believe. I'd applied twice before, both without any experience in retail and had heard nothing back.

I was first interviewed by an assistant manager, and the process was pretty normal and relaxed. He asked me about my previous work history, what I could bring to the table, and if I was comfortable trying to upsell or suggest things to customers. Basic interviews questions - - nothing you'd need to study on.

About five minutes after interviewing with the first manager, I "interviewed" with the general manager. It kinda seemed like they were desperate for employees and he spent a lot of time talking about the bad. I was worried he'd find me shy since he never gave me a chance to speak. Leaving the room was a little awkward, but I got an email asking for a background checking as soon as I left. Not sure whether I'm going to accept it yet.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by someone from this company. Someone from corporate HR interviewed me for 40 minutes via phone about a store manager in training position. I met with a district manager who was a hour late for the interview and dressed as if she had just unloaded a truck . She tells me that they are a promote from within company and asks if I would accept a department supervisor position. I work for a company as an assistant manager. I'm awaiting a store to open shop I can promote. Why would I be interested in a $10k pay reduction and a lesser position? This DM says she has no idea what the HR person discussed with me. Why aren't you communicating?

My advice to Michael's is to not waste an applicants time. The professionalism was poor.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be interested in a department supervisor position.   Answer Question

Merchandise Stocking - Early AM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 5 days later to set up an interview. The interview was the next day and only with the manager. It was quick and easy, took less than 20 minutes. Just basic questions such as experience, ability to work in teams, and availability.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in teams and alone?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to move around the store to different departments when help is needed on the floor and cash register?   1 Answer
    • This is a physically intensive job. Can you handle lifting boxes and unloading trucks quickly to meet deadlines?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a week or so i was called for an interview the next day, the interview was really easy. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and easygoing and she made me comfortable. Overall it was easy and I got called back and I got the job. However I was told we would be told when orientation was and was never called back after that, so I got the job but didn't get the job, i think i called back for information 10 times , and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to help a customer who wasn't exactly nice?   1 Answer