Michaels Stores Cashier/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Cashier/Sales Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2016

2.0

Cashier/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I went in and told an associate I was there for an interview. She told me to wait in the arts and craft room. After about 5 minutes of waiting the manager came in and introduced himself. He asked me basic questions and we were done in less than 10 minutes. I was very nervous (first interview) but I started feeling comfortable as soon as I met him. He said that they will probably call me the next day. ( I'm submitting this the same day as the interview so I do not know if they want to hire me thats why Iput no offer)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Superior, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth and the interviewer was very friendly. In essence, she told me what positions were available and a basic run down on what I would be doing in that position as well as the hours required. Based on how many hours she could give me, I had to decline otherwise I probably would have accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lakewood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I talked to the manager when I first saw that they had an opening. He told me to fill out the online application and call when I was finished. I got an interview a few days later. I came a little early and I was told to wait in the classroom. I was then brought into the office and was interviewed by the store and framing managers. Even though it was my first job interview, it was actually pretty easy. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. I was told I would get the position after the background check, which actually took a pretty long time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

They just asked me why I wanted to work there, and what my availability was. Was hired on the spot and started training next day, started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are there any hours and days that you can't work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Charleston, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Took the online test and did application. Met with store manager, he was nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Not enough hours, only 15 per week!

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Laurel, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

I walked in to talk to the manager about the position, and I got the job on the spot. This was not a scheduled 1:1 interview, just a walk in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lansing, MI) in October 2008.

Interview

I came in and filled out an application in person. I was called in promptly for an interview. I was asked the typical questions like why do you want to work for this company. I was asked about other skills that pertained to Michaels like if I drew, painted, did crafts,. I was asked if could teach any classes or was interested. It was simple. The interviewing women was very friendly. I filled out some paperwork on her office computer . She did fail to tell me that I was being hired for seasonal employment, I found that out a week later and was upset as I was looking for long term.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a situation where you witnessed another employee doing something unethical and what you did about it.   1 Answer