Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pooler, GA).

Interview

I sat down with the manager and we had a very pleasant and easy conversation before getting into questions for the job. The entire experience was positive, and I was even asked about another available position at the store location, and given useful information in regards to both available positions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle certain situations, why I wanted to work for Michael's, and if I would possibly seek a different position down the road.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Super easy and quick. Asked basic questions so nothing too over the top and tricky. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Wear something professional of course. Overall, the whole interview was very laid-back, but make sure to still answer and look professional.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Was called a few days later. Interview was great. Manager made it seem like a wonderful place to work. She made working there sound fun & was happy I was an artist with customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• She asked what my theme song would be. Thought that was odd.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and they called me a few days later for an interview. This was when the store was first opening, so they were in full hiring mode. I was like 17 and barely any experience, but they hired me. It was pretty easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Des Peres, MO).

Interview

This was an extremely easy interview. I applied online, got a call the next day, and went in for an interview that week. It took about 10 minutes, and all they really wanted was to make sure I was fit for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a seasonal position, and they really just wanted any help they could get. I had the job when I walked in the door basically, on the condition that I passed the background check. I came in way early and was walked to the office. The manager asked me a few questions and told me he'd call me back in two hours; he did.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call back fairly quickly, about a week after I applied. The interview was scheduled two days later and was very brief and took about 10 minutes or less. I interviewed with the store manager, Erin Ficker, she's very straight to the point and friendly. My first day was two days after the interview took place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michaels?   1 Answer
    • How flexible is your schedule?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any hobbies or arts and crafts skills?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Went in very nervous, it was only my second interview for any job, but came out feeling very relieved! It was just like a conversation, where the interviewer was interested in you as a friend. It could just be how friendly the staff here are, though. Very short interview, a couple minutes long and I was done.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call about 5 days later. I missed the initial call since I was in school, but called back about an hour later and scheduled an interview. When I got there, the manager was leaving because something important came up, so I interviewed with an employee instead.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview was a one on one with Lauren Bell. She was really nice so I wasn't nervous at all. She asked me a few questions. During my interview I answered every single question smoothly and with ease while adding a touch of humor and while also showing my personality.

Interview Questions

• What time do you wake up? What time can your work until? Would you be interested working overnight? Is working in a team important to you? What makes you happy about work? What wouldn't make you happy at work? Describe a great team? What makes you motivated?   Answer Question