Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.6

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the manager . Was asked about previous retailexperience. Manager wanted to know if I was able to sales their Michael's Reward program to customers and get them to sign up.

Interview Questions

• If you sold pens, How would you get me to buy this pen?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rosenberg, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty informal interview. I interviewed with two managers in a classroom. We talked about my crafting experience and my willingness to help with classes. Im still in the hiring process. Background check required.

Anonymous Employee in North Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got a call for an interview. We scheduled an interview for two hours later. Interview took five minutes. Got an email for a background check two days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very fast around 9 minutes, all the questions I prepared for were never asked but over all was a nice guy. They seemed desperate for help so that might be a factor for such a fast interview .

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Hiring was very simple since this was a brand new store. I applied online and then went in for what I considered to be an interview. They brought 3 candidates in at a time, and simply asked when we could start and explained the job further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a manager about 4 days later to set up an interview the next day. The interview was really laid back, felt more like I was talking to a friend. She asked me about my application, hours of availability, pay, and briefed on the positions I would be working in. Didn't take long, maybe 30 minutes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the manager and other customer service reps for about 15-20 minutes with normal questions. They made decisions by the end of the week. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pooler, GA).

Interview

I sat down with the manager and we had a very pleasant and easy conversation before getting into questions for the job. The entire experience was positive, and I was even asked about another available position at the store location, and given useful information in regards to both available positions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle certain situations, why I wanted to work for Michael's, and if I would possibly seek a different position down the road.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Petaluma, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a simple sit down and answer a few questions sort of thing. Getting the interview was sort of frustrating however because I constantly had to call them instead of them calling me. They were also a little disorganized, but the person who interviewed me was nice.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Super easy and quick. Asked basic questions so nothing too over the top and tricky. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Wear something professional of course. Overall, the whole interview was very laid-back, but make sure to still answer and look professional.