Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1.7

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied probably a week or 2 ago and got a call from the hiring manager but missed it. I called back within an hour and got directed to him and it was pretty simple. He just asked me if I was flexible and if I went to school and then proceeded to tell me I had a face-to-face interview a couple days later. I got there maybe 10 minutes earlier than the schedule time but the manager just told me to wait in the classroom. I was nervous but luckily there was someone in there and chatting with her made me relaxed. I had to wait an extra 15 minutes but by the end of it I got the job. It was kind of nerve-wracking since this was my first interview and I think it went sort of badly now that I think about it but they were really nice and it was really informal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at Michael's?   1 Answer
  • Name a time when you received an upset customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Stillwater, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Very short and informal. Super nice lady who interviewed me. It was almost all her talking about the job and literally only asked me two questions. Other than that, just chatting and understanding the position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the manager . Was asked about previous retailexperience. Manager wanted to know if I was able to sales their Michael's Reward program to customers and get them to sign up.

Interview Questions

• If you sold pens, How would you get me to buy this pen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Rosenberg, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty informal interview. I interviewed with two managers in a classroom. We talked about my crafting experience and my willingness to help with classes. Im still in the hiring process. Background check required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ventura, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was not aware that it would be a group interview and it was a little bit uncomfortable. Asked all the same questions and each one of us had similar answers. Interviewer was a too serious but I suppose that’s understandable. He could have at least tried to be more friendlier though. Told us that we would get an email within 48 hours if we got the job. He explained if we got the email that then would begin the actual process of hiring.

Anonymous Employee in North Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got a call for an interview. We scheduled an interview for two hours later. Interview took five minutes. Got an email for a background check two days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very fast around 9 minutes, all the questions I prepared for were never asked but over all was a nice guy. They seemed desperate for help so that might be a factor for such a fast interview .

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Hiring was very simple since this was a brand new store. I applied online and then went in for what I considered to be an interview. They brought 3 candidates in at a time, and simply asked when we could start and explained the job further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a manager about 4 days later to set up an interview the next day. The interview was really laid back, felt more like I was talking to a friend. She asked me about my application, hours of availability, pay, and briefed on the positions I would be working in. Didn't take long, maybe 30 minutes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the manager and other customer service reps for about 15-20 minutes with normal questions. They made decisions by the end of the week. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question