Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

1.6

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the manager and other customer service reps for about 15-20 minutes with normal questions. They made decisions by the end of the week. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Columbia, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Melinda was very sweet and happy to accommodate my disability, even happy to accept my service dog to the team. She made sure I knew what I was well informed.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with retail?   1 Answer
    • What accommodations do you need for your disability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, asked the basic questions that every company asks. Took less than an hour. The manager at the store was very friendly and was a very nice lady to talk to. She asked very good questions and seemed to enjoy her job there. Haven't gotten a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Victorville, CA).

Interview

Good.. I was nervous and alil scared of course but after all it was good. Manager that gave me my interview was very sweet and nice. I got the job

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and what's make you different?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and they called me then i went in for an interview with the assistant manager and she was running late . The interview went well and she asked me typical questions including what is a product that we sell that you like and why .

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clifton, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. I interviewed with a former manager, and met some of the team while there. Everyone seemed likable at the time, but that did change after I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I came into the store... I asked one of the workers who were working at the registers and they called in and they seem like they didn't even know one of the managers I was SUPPOSE to meet was interviewing. So I waited in the ClassRoom and a woman comes in and introduces herself. But she says that the head manager who was suppose to interview me just couldn't make it today. It was fine... although she asked me what I liked about Micheals and as i was speaking she interrupted me. I guess she was busy. But I prefer people to get know me a little bit more. Or at least let me talk.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Micheals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (El Paso, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online where it asks all the basics but then has a questionaire of 100 questions or so. They said they would call me when positions open up so about 2 weeks later they called back to tell me I was hired and I will start in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greensboro, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

It was thorough, and friendly. The online questionnaire did prove problematic however, the "save" kept shutting down. I kept having to call back to ask if they'd received the application yet - third time was the charm. I wonder if this contact improved my chances for getting the position?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a positive impact in your work environment, etc.
      What kind of hours are you working to look? Have you shopped at Michael's a lot before this and what is your favorite part of our inventory?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Basically telling me the basics of the job and how it is done and what they do. To get emails for Michael's surverys. Four hours per shift. Asked me why I left my last job.