Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview, as with most interviews, consisted of a set of interviewers. Some directly related to the opportunity that I interviewed for and some peer-level. All of the interviewers, in my opinion, made sense to be on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department? What do I bring?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Interview

My interview went well, and I'd have taken the job if I thought I could have done it justice. But it was clear that the home office is too corporate and rigid to accept the kind of change that's needed to make the e-commerce side of the business take off.

Interview Questions

• How would I choose to use Michael's crafting supplies to "personalize" my cubicle for (some kind of contest/event they had each year)?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Clemente, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I only had to go through one interview to get the seasonal job I was applying for. It was fairly easy with the basic interview questions being asked. It was a one on one interview with the assistant manager of the store. I got a call a couple days after from her letting me know I got the job and started the following Monday for training.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Went in to store to talk directly with manager. She said she would contact me in a week. She contacted me, gave me an interview a few days later. The interview asked questions that asked you to reflect on a time when you had to deal with "a customer/incident where this/that occured, and how you handled it". About 10 or 15 questions were like this. They briefly go over your job duties, so I suggest bringing a notepad to take notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to manage a project or people involved in a group task?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

very easy interview process. typical questions about customer service. asked if passionate about michael's.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most notable think about the Michael's brand?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Very Fast and was very down to earth

Floral Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

Interview

they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Questions

• would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Be prepared to wait and wait. I had 6 interviews for a mid level position. The process took over 3 months. A lot of waiting for decisions to be made.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The hiring process started online. I filled out an application on their website and was called in for an interview within the next week or so. I was then asked a few questions and told about the uniform expectations. I was then offered a job and told when to come in. It was a simple process.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was what to do if you're uncomfortable with a manager as it was a manager asking the question.   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

During the time of my interview I was interviewed with about 11 other people for a temporary position to set up and help open a new store. So the interview process was making sure that we filled out all the paper work and that you showed up every day on time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interview process went very well.