Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview, as with most interviews, consisted of a set of interviewers. Some directly related to the opportunity that I interviewed for and some peer-level. All of the interviewers, in my opinion, made sense to be on the panel.

Interview Questions

• How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department? What do I bring?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

To begin I was left to wait for 25 mins upon arrival as the manager had not planned well to meet with me. When i was asked into a dim dirty room, which i later found out was their ' class room', it was obvious to me the person had little to no experience in interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Michaels called me, we set an appointment to interview that was appropriate for the both of us. There were 2 people interviewing me. The interview was held in a quite, nondisturbing room. Normal interview questions asked. Relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are helping a quest and another quest comes up and needs to know where a product is.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst company I have ever dealt with! I applied for assistant store manager and got a call back about a week after doing so. The store manager spoke with me for a few minutes before saying she'd love to meet me in person. We set up a time the following week. When I came in for the interview, I spoke with a different woman (the current ASM). She told me that the ASM position was taken but that I would definitely be a good candidate for the Operations Manager position. I was surprised, but willing to take this different position. The interview was pretty standard. It went well enough that the ASM told me I should definitely put in my two weeks notice, so I did. A few days later, I got a call from the store manager and she told me that she would love to have me on board, I just need to finish the background check. Fast forward another week, the background check clears and I get a call back. The store manager tells me that all the management positions have been filled; now they're just looking for cashiers. They asked me to put in my two weeks from my FULL TIME MANAGEMENT position for cashiering? Bait-and-switch company -- absolutely deplorable.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good choice for this position? What do you have that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Birmingham, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

Filled out an online application, got called by a manager to set up an interview. He offered me the job at the end of the interview, and I started the next week!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer that was demanding an item for a low price.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with both the district manager and the store manager and both were quite easy going. I initially applied for a different position, but became interested in this one halfway through the interviewing process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview took place after a few days after applying online. It was a group interview and the manager was really nice and honest about the job at hand. They mostly want someone who is kind and always smiling, so they can promote the rewards program.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Looking over any experience or skills available. Went over schedule and what times you are available. Also discussing amount you want to be paid and what they will actually pay you.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work certain hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, we went to the break room and just chatted about my experience and interests. She asked about what I liked doing in my free time, why i wanted to work there, and my plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an artistic background?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience handling money   1 Answer

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oviedo, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me like 2 weeks after, went in store for my interview. Honestly one of the best interviews I've had, because they didn't ask a lot of hypothetical questions. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. They just wanted to get to know me, asked about school, when I could work, and what it would be like to work there. Talked about the hours, 3AM to like 11AM. Overall, pretty good interview.

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Burleson, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager was quick and to the point about the tasks I would be performing. He quickly made his decision to hire me and informed me about everything to do afterwards.