Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was done in a group interview of about 5 girls including myself. It was done in their office and it was the store manager then all of us sitting around her.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with working as a cashier? What do you enjoy about it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming and friendly - as if they already decided to hire me before I walked in. I was very nervous applying and they made me feel reassured and that I was what I was looking for. It felt casual since the manager got caught up helping a customer and I was waiting around on my phone in the room.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to teach the free art classes we offered due to my mentioning of previous art classes and experiences. If I had worked in retail before, stuff like that. If I was in school, if I am taking summer classes, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Myself and the store manager sat in the Michaels Classroom in the store and discussed qualifications, past experiences, and why I would like the job. We also talked a lot about crafting and art projects, they like their employees to have first hand experience with these things to help customers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about crafting supplies? Is there a specific department you know well?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with a POS system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oviedo, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

They called me up and asked me a few rudimentary questions and invited me to the store for an interview with the manager. I arrived in business casual attire and was kindly greeted by the assistant manager. The manager invited me into the office and asked me a few question and then gave me a quick tour of the store to explain the responsibilities of the job. After that, we went back to his office and he told me the specifics of the hours of the pay, then offered me the job. the whole process took less than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?
      What kind of hours are you looking for?
      Have you ever worked at Michaels before?
      Are you comfortable with signing people up for our Rewards program?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very fast around 9 minutes, all the questions I prepared for were never asked but over all was a nice guy. They seemed desperate for help so that might be a factor for such a fast interview .

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Camp Hill, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

As far as I can tell, the only way to secure a job at Michaels is to call and make sure you get an interviewed scheduled. It can be hard to get ahold of the hiring manager sometimes, and when they said she'd call back she never did. Just make sure you keep calling back until you can schedule it.

When I finally got one scheduled, it was really fast and easy. I just went in, sat down to talk with the hiring manager, and then figured out when I could start training.

Interview Questions

• How long are you looking to work at the store? (They don't want to hire and train someone that will only be there for a month.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cumming, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was referred by another employee and told after the interview that their referral had already gotten me the job. During the interview, we discussed what was required of the job and I was asked about any prior experience with customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a manager about 4 days later to set up an interview the next day. The interview was really laid back, felt more like I was talking to a friend. She asked me about my application, hours of availability, pay, and briefed on the positions I would be working in. Didn't take long, maybe 30 minutes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the manager and other customer service reps for about 15-20 minutes with normal questions. They made decisions by the end of the week. I didn't end up getting the job, but it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they were very quick to respond and notify me with an interview. Went and did it and found the it to have been quite easy and thought it went well.

Manager and Assistant manager held the interview and both were very nice and easy to talk to. Shame no call back...Oh well, onto the next.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you recommend to a customer if they were looking to try out a certain medium (i.e. watercolours) but don't know what to get.   Answer Question