Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with both the district manager and the store manager and both were quite easy going. I initially applied for a different position, but became interested in this one halfway through the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was your most embarrassing moment.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview took place after a few days after applying online. It was a group interview and the manager was really nice and honest about the job at hand. They mostly want someone who is kind and always smiling, so they can promote the rewards program.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Fargo, ND) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online very early in the morning. I received a call the next day. I missed the call. When I called back, I was told the person who'd called me to set up an interview was currently in an interview and would call me back later. It was several hours before someone called me back. We set up an interview for the next morning.

I went in half an hour early, and I was told to walk around a bit while they had a meeting. It was half an hour past when the interview was scheduled for when I was finally called up over the intercom.

The interview took about 10 or 15 minutes. At the end, I was told I'd get a call and a job offer, or an email if I were rejected.

I received an email two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your strengths, and what are two of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Name a place (restaurant, store, etc.) you continue going back to. Why do you continue going there?   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oviedo, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me like 2 weeks after, went in store for my interview. Honestly one of the best interviews I've had, because they didn't ask a lot of hypothetical questions. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. They just wanted to get to know me, asked about school, when I could work, and what it would be like to work there. Talked about the hours, 3AM to like 11AM. Overall, pretty good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Garner, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Online through Infor, brief and easy to use. Asked many questions about personal temperament as well as the ability to handle changing environments and if one is a good worker in a group of people. Also asked if people are generally good or bad in nature.

Interview Questions

• When you're mad is it okay to yell at people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really easy. There weren't any situational questions at all. It was my first job interview ever and they were really impressed by me bringing in copies of my resume and asking questions back. Just be prepared; it'll blow their minds, especially if you're a teenager.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

it was quick and they hired me right there. it was in a college town so there is a lot of turnover. they asked me a few questions and i answered them

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Called to check the status of my app and ended up scheduling an interview. When I went in for the interview wasn't pressured with a lot of questions didn't even seem like an interview because I was only asked one question really, the rest of the interview felt kind of like a lecture or some sort of orientation, it was very quick though. They made it seem like I was going to get the job and that they was interested by telling me stuff about how they do things around the store and everything but never called me back even after I called to check the status after the interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (North Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got a call for an interview. We scheduled an interview for two hours later. Interview took five minutes. Got an email for a background check two days later.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, we went to the break room and just chatted about my experience and interests. She asked about what I liked doing in my free time, why i wanted to work there, and my plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an artistic background?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience handling money   1 Answer