Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Des Peres, MO).

Interview

This was an extremely easy interview. I applied online, got a call the next day, and went in for an interview that week. It took about 10 minutes, and all they really wanted was to make sure I was fit for the job.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Goshen, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very pleasant. Very friendly. She seemed knowledgeable about the store and it's products. If only they were all like her. I applied online. Got a call for an interview. Interviewed, and later got a call to schedule orientation. I started work the day after my orientation.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. Can you handle doing....   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Christiansburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was VERY laid back. The questions were impromptu and fun. The interview was more of a conversation. I was able to introduce myself and why I wanted to work there party time as a student.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 2/3 days later.... scheduled an interview for the following week.
    Walked in and asked for the manager. He came up front, introduced himself and walked me back to one of the classrooms. The interview literally took less than 15 minutes, he offered me the job on the spot. Asked me very few questions....we mostly just had a relaxed conversation. He commented that he liked my upbeat attitude and friendly smile.

Interview Questions

• Scale of 1-10. How weird are you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a seasonal position, and they really just wanted any help they could get. I had the job when I walked in the door basically, on the condition that I passed the background check. I came in way early and was walked to the office. The manager asked me a few questions and told me he'd call me back in two hours; he did.

Early Morning Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I scheduled the interview and on that day arrived on time. I notified the checker that I had an interview. I was sent to a waiting room. It took a very, very long time for the manager to show up. I waited for over 15 minutes. It did not help either, because I ended getting more nervous and I even thought of leaving after 20 minutes passed. Finally, the manager showed up. The interview was very quick! It only took about 5-8 minutes and then it was done. She told me she would send me the background check. I saw that it said in the email if I passed the background check, they would then offer me the job. I authorized the background. Several weeks later since I authorized the background check and I have heard nothing since. I figure they must've found someone more qualified to do the stocker job. I won't be applying for Michaels again, waste of time. I still have no idea what they thought of me.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Utica, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived quite early, so I walked around the cashier informed the manager that I was there for my interview, the cashier stated to go into the craft room and manger will be there soon. So I went into the craft room, waited for about 5 minutes, the manager came in and introduced himself to me, explained that it was seasonal and possibly time after the holidays. I was told to go online and submit to a background check, that's to see if your a phedophile, which is good. I passed, and the manager told me to call in a week, and on Friday October 26, 2016 I got the job and been working there as I write this, the interview was casual, I dressed up in a nice shirt and dress pants. the interview went well..don't sweat the small stuff, if your a business man or woman and want to supplement your income great place to work and I hope you know about crafts, at least know what a pair of scissors are...lol

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation, are you available (open), this means anytime, make sure you say yes!!!   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Staten Island, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple and basic interview questions, relaxed environment, under 15 minutes. Questions were about my self, my skills and experience listed on my resume. They asked for a background check when I was done.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call back fairly quickly, about a week after I applied. The interview was scheduled two days later and was very brief and took about 10 minutes or less. I interviewed with the store manager, Erin Ficker, she's very straight to the point and friendly. My first day was two days after the interview took place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Michaels?   1 Answer
    • How flexible is your schedule?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any hobbies or arts and crafts skills?   2 Answers
    • Can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Certified Custom Framer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Hamilton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick but professional; ended up placing me in a different department than I had originally applied for; assessed my skill level and placed me appropriately; laid-back atmosphere; great place to work

Interview Questions

• Would you have difficulty selling product to customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy; I was offered better pay; didn't have to ask for it