Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

1.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greeley, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was 15 minutes long and conducted in the store. I was asked basic interview questions. I received an informal job offer at the end of the interview, pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Michael's?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Middletown, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I'm a good team player likes to help others when it need for this company. and also I am flexible to get the job done.
    Very organized of put purchases in the right isles.

Interview Questions

• What you going to do when work with this company.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Miami, FL).

Interview

I sat down in the security room and the assistant manager asked me about work experience, when I was available and then they reviewed my application. The process was very simple for me because I overheard another interview before mine and they were much harder questions than they were for me.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Got called in to interview, sat down with a manager and discussed my experience and how it applied to the position. Discussed pay and my hours of availability. Left with expectation of hearing back within a few days and was called the next day with job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of craft to do?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

NOTE: This was NOT for a PT sales position but for a FT Corporate Sr. Management position. Interview went well, it was the follow-up that was unacceptable. HR positioned me as in the top 4 after I completed 2 extensive skill projects for them. The communication after the interview, which appeared to go well, went from responsive to zero response. Hey I'm an adult, I just expect the professionalism of a form letter, "thanks for coming in" but, we have decided to hire another candidate" or "position put on hold" or "position canceled"... they all work for me works for me. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend ( based on my research) with corporate and HR and hiring managers to treat prospective candidate with little to no respect. Allowing a candidate to think they have a chance at a position, while possible passing up other opportunities, is very direspectful and that of a coward. Unfortunately this reflects badly on the hiring manager as well as the Company. Hey, I followed up with Thank you emails and Thank you notes, all I received was silence, disappointing.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized recruitment process performed by Michael's Corporate Recruiter out of Texas Corporate Office. Three plus Months to perform a simple offer that was a low-ball offer in writing. Once I declined offer, my Manager rode me hard to perform.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with both the district manager and the store manager and both were quite easy going. I initially applied for a different position, but became interested in this one halfway through the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was your most embarrassing moment.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview took place after a few days after applying online. It was a group interview and the manager was really nice and honest about the job at hand. They mostly want someone who is kind and always smiling, so they can promote the rewards program.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Fargo, ND) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online very early in the morning. I received a call the next day. I missed the call. When I called back, I was told the person who'd called me to set up an interview was currently in an interview and would call me back later. It was several hours before someone called me back. We set up an interview for the next morning.

I went in half an hour early, and I was told to walk around a bit while they had a meeting. It was half an hour past when the interview was scheduled for when I was finally called up over the intercom.

The interview took about 10 or 15 minutes. At the end, I was told I'd get a call and a job offer, or an email if I were rejected.

I received an email two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your strengths, and what are two of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Name a place (restaurant, store, etc.) you continue going back to. Why do you continue going there?   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oviedo, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me like 2 weeks after, went in store for my interview. Honestly one of the best interviews I've had, because they didn't ask a lot of hypothetical questions. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. They just wanted to get to know me, asked about school, when I could work, and what it would be like to work there. Talked about the hours, 3AM to like 11AM. Overall, pretty good interview.