Michaels Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy, I left knowing I was hired, very laid back, very nice people, in and out really fast took about 20 mins or so, he didn't make you feel uncomfortable at all. All the employees working were pleasant and eager to help out.

Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a hiring manager who gave me a brief overview of the company and what they are looking for. I then had a follow-up with a design manager who was more familiar with the job experience day-to-day.

Interview Questions

• What specifically in your experience would make you ideal for this role?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2016.

Interview

the process was quick and easy. I was asked a few questions about customer service, why i wanted to work there and that was pretty much it and then I was hired.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

It was pretty chill. Went to the back room where they hold birthday parties and stuff and just answered a few questions. They asked a little about my volunteering background, probably wondering if I'd be interested in conducting the Saturday arts and crafts days.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Was called a few days later. Interview was great. Manager made it seem like a wonderful place to work. She made working there sound fun & was happy I was an artist with customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• She asked what my theme song would be. Thought that was odd.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Pretty easy going. There was one lady that met with me, asking a few questions. Basics, why here? What can you bring? Etc. Then the other manager came in, maybe I looked nervous, because as she was leaving she emphasized "We hire happy here." They seemed to think I wanted the cashier job, but said there was also a replenisher opening. I just went along with it and said I would actually prefer that one. They asked making sure I had transportation and could get there on time.
    Interview was fine, but then they said they would send me an e-mail for a background check, which they never did. So I called in to ask about it, they said he was in another interview but took my name and number ad said they would have him get back to me when he was done. Which they never did, this has disappointed me greatly.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2016.

Interview

Was a 2 person interview. Very brief, no more than 15 minutes. Asked for availability, experience, and what kind of crafts we like. Basically said we were hired on the spot. Told us we were going to be hired as seasonal but have a high chance of staying with the company. 30% discount on almost everything.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Easy and fast. The hiring process was super easy and I didn't have many questions to answer. The interviewer was very nice and understanding. I enjoyed the man that interviewed me, he was really nice and only asked me a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Went in and manager interview me one on one ask me several questions why I wanted to work there and if I had any hobbies manager seem nice very outgoing friendly

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in being a cashier   1 Answer

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Highlands Ranch, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

The store manager and I discussed the weather, traffic and my hobbies for about ten minutes before I was hired on the spot. There wasn't really an interview, at the time they seemed very desperate to cover their tails for the upcoming Holiday season.

Interview Questions

• What are some hobbies of yours that you feel fit with the Michaels store image?   1 Answer