Michaels Stores Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.9

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through company website (with prompts from glassdoor and snagajob) Actually applied two different times and the last time applied at locations different from the one that called me back.It took a week or two to get the call for an interview. Asst Store Mngr interviewed me, she was very nice, very informal interview/ study glassdoor interview questions, you'll be cool. I had experience for job, she was happy to hear that. After 10-15 mins. She said they would send a background check,via email, and you are " conditionally " hired...They sent it a couple hours later- I filled it out and sent it immediately. Interviewed on Mon., by Sunday got call back to say they have decided to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself to me /tell me 3 positive attributes & 3 negative   Answer Question
    • I think it all depends on the Interviewer to what questions you're asked..study the basics and you should do well   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Hills, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during the holiday season and heard from the manager a few days later to schedule an interview at the store in CA. He was very nice and the interview took about 20 min. He offered me the job right on the spot and scheduled training sessions for a few days later right then and there.

Cashier/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lakewood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I talked to the manager when I first saw that they had an opening. He told me to fill out the online application and call when I was finished. I got an interview a few days later. I came a little early and I was told to wait in the classroom. I was then brought into the office and was interviewed by the store and framing managers. Even though it was my first job interview, it was actually pretty easy. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. I was told I would get the position after the background check, which actually took a pretty long time.

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tustin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

You apply online. I received a call about half a month after I applied. I had a quick phone interview then was asked to come in for an official one. I walked into the store, told the cashier there that I was there for an interview. They introduced me to the manager of human affairs who called the assistant manager over. He asked me what brought me to michaels, and what position I would prefer. He then described the company, what their goals are, said I basically had the job and have a nice day. Easiest interview I've ever had. Probably because they are hugely understaffed right now because of summer vacation.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Michaels today?   1 Answer
    • What position would you prefer?   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lancaster, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Me and the interviewer walked throughout the warehouse and he asked me questions like how many days do you find it exceptable to miss work in a year or questons about the actual work i would be pereforming.

Interview Questions

• How many days do you find it exceptable to miss work in a year?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Mission Viejo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

easy discussed business opportunities for company, direction, daily workings of stores, the structure within the store . Company culture and focus on the customer, speed of checkout. how much profit is made in frame shop and the importance of it to company.

Interview Questions

• what is good customer service   1 Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Downey, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They interview you in the crafts room, its all very causal two managers were there but really only one was conducting the interview. Be prepare to tell them about yourself and why you want to work for Michaels. The whole thing probably didn’t take more then 10 minutes. I found out I got the job an hour later.

Interview Questions

• Where would you recommend two estranged friends to go out to eat? And Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary wasn’t discussed it’s typically minimum wage.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Covina, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks I received a call for an in person interview. The interview lasted anywhere from 20-35 minutes. The manager asked me a few questions regarding my previous employment and what I would do during certain scenarios. I was offered the job on the spot so I didn't have to wait for them to call me back.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to be a leader in your previous job   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (La Habra, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was surprised by a group interview, the last time I went (2-4 years ago) they only used to do one on one interviews. So be prepared for that. Also, they will ask everyone different questions, try to stay calm and try to think of multiple ways of answering. Make yourself sound resourceful, I made the mistake of answering too quickly because I was a little nervous. The interviewers try to be friendly and remind you to smile the entire time. Try to avoid saying "Um" "Like" a lot. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If you're not keeping up, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Huntington Beach, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The application process was pretty simple. I saw their ad on SnagAJob and decided to apply on their official website. Ended up getting called 2 days later and accepted their invite to an interview a couple of days later. On the day of the interview, I was surprised to realize that it was going to be a group interview! For being my first group interview, it wasn't actually too bad. The store manager told us to write our names on construction paper and decorate it with foam stickers to make a name card. After that, we were told to give a brief description about ourselves, what position we were applying for, and why we wanted to work at Michaels. A week later, I got a call from the store manager and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe who you are as an individual and why you want to work at Michaels?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotions. Minimum wage at $9.00 an hour.