Michaels Stores Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

NOTE: This was NOT for a PT sales position but for a FT Corporate Sr. Management position. Interview went well, it was the follow-up that was unacceptable. HR positioned me as in the top 4 after I completed 2 extensive skill projects for them. The communication after the interview, which appeared to go well, went from responsive to zero response. Hey I'm an adult, I just expect the professionalism of a form letter, "thanks for coming in" but, we have decided to hire another candidate" or "position put on hold" or "position canceled"... they all work for me works for me. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend ( based on my research) with corporate and HR and hiring managers to treat prospective candidate with little to no respect. Allowing a candidate to think they have a chance at a position, while possible passing up other opportunities, is very direspectful and that of a coward. Unfortunately this reflects badly on the hiring manager as well as the Company. Hey, I followed up with Thank you emails and Thank you notes, all I received was silence, disappointing.

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Fairly easy, but a long process. A few in person and two phone interviews. The process ended with a 2 hour store tour with a current manager. It would have been very upsetting to go through this lengthy process and not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Plano, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• how many skus are you managing now   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2009.

Interview

met with district manager for interview, declined position due to salary concerns