Michaels Stores Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Operations Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2015.

Interview

In the interview the questions asked were based on a personality test. They asked about prior work tendencies. There were a lot of case by case scenarios to see if your responses were on track with where the company was headed. A lot of explanation based questions that led to follow-up secondary questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

mostly situational questions. some behavioral and past employee experiences. Roughly 30 minutes. Managers have a worksheet that has all the questions to ask the employee.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cambridge, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

The manager did a great job telling me all the qualifications for the position and what it is going to entail. All done in a professional manner. The manager told me I would be a great fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions that I didn't have an answer for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Happy.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick- relaxed. Was held at the location I interviewed for-met some of the staff-met the DM that day-went over a possible schedule scenario- was not clearly told I would be working EVERY weekend however. That seems very negative and could be why the position is so hard to fill

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was comfortable lifting, climbing ladders, was I organized   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Goshen, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

I was told that with the change of store structure, everyone would reapply for their jobs. Instead of moving me from one management job to the new management job, they called some one who had quit years ago and asked this person to apply. When she was hired into the position that I wanted, and I was hired for the position that she wanted, there were hurt feelings and stress for everyone.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic and none were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get honest about how many hours you want and need, or else, walk away.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online at the company's website and received a call a week later front the store's assistant manager. I was interviewed first by the assistant manager when I arrived, and not long after, the store manager joined and also went through part of the interview process with us as well. A couple of days after, having background check came back was offered a job.