Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

1.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Called to check the status of my app and ended up scheduling an interview. When I went in for the interview wasn't pressured with a lot of questions didn't even seem like an interview because I was only asked one question really, the rest of the interview felt kind of like a lecture or some sort of orientation, it was very quick though. They made it seem like I was going to get the job and that they was interested by telling me stuff about how they do things around the store and everything but never called me back even after I called to check the status after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Meriden, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very comfortable relaxed interview. It took about only 15 minutes. The only real question asked was why I decided to apply to Michaels. The rest of the time she explained about the job requirements, the hours, and how excited she was that a woman applied!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was about 10 minutes. It was the most impersonal one I've experienced. The interviewer was happy to know that I had experience already. Just an overview of the position and hours, if it's something I wanted to do. She told me what the pay would be. Said she would email me...after the background check, which as I learned with Michaels to authorize a background check they actually email you a form first. After the interview and learning that, I thought it was strange. Called back a week and a half later, still interviewing people and haven't made a decision.

For what the job is, in the application process is a tedious questionnaire which I thought was odd for mostly what the job is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

One on one interview - basic questions. As long as you are comfortable doing physical work. Make sure you mention that. Make sure to answer clearly and positively, and that you are available at night. They'll ask if you know the basic tasks and if you can accomplish lifting, loading, climbing, and lots of walking.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, filling out a questionnaire/survey in the process. The interview questions were the usual ones like, "Tell me about yourself and what brings you to Michaels". I was also asked if I was okay with handling money and standing for hours, which was odd because I didn't apply for cashier. I was also asked about available times. At the end, I was told that I would be called for a second interview if I fit the position.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 days later I went in with my resume and handed it to the manager. Got a call about a week later to come in for the interview. He explained the position and didn't really ask me any questions at all. Just asked if I'd be able to move/lift heavy boxes and if I'm ok with getting sweaty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online Thursday night and got a call Monday morning for a Wednesday interview. It was an easy interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and got to talk to the replenishment manager for a few minutes. She told me the basic outline for what the job entailed. Then the store manager came in and asked me the general interview questions such as "tell me about yourself", "was there a time when you had to do multiple things at once", and "what do you plan to do with your degree". I was nervous because it was my first interview ever, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What procedure have you learned that you always had to follow by?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Hurst, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Previously the only way to apply was by going to the store, but apparently Michaels has contracted with an online hiring company, and now there is an extensive skills/personality test. I received a call the same day to interview the following day. I arrived at the store 10 minutes early and told the cashier who I was, and then I walked around the store for close to half an hour. I finally met with the hiring manager, who seemed kind of stressed and flustered. She told me the hours were starting at 3 or 4 a.m. and asked if I was okay with that, and I agreed. She told me it was "hard, dirty" work unloading the truck, and that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I was asked some standard questions that were printed on her interview form, such as how would I define initiative and how often I thought someone should be late to work. I was told my test scores were unusually good. She also said that she had other interviews scheduled which she had to do, and that it would be almost a week before letting me know, but that if I didn't hear from her not to get anxious. I sent a note of thanks once I got home that day, and I waited more than a week but never heard anything. The whole thing was basically a waste of time. I wasted a week thinking I would get hired there, when I could have been looking and applying for other jobs. I was fooled by the interviewer because she acted like she was going to hire me. My advice is if they don't hire you on the spot, don't count on it.

Interview Questions

• How would you define initiative?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Orleans, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Complete application online at Michaels.com/careers
    Must pass the assessment, if not we cannot hire you
    Called in if you have passed the assessment
    The store manager and department manager both interview you
    If they hire you come in for orientation...