Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process itself was very quick. Manager asked basic questions related to the position and was very nice. The manager insisted I describe myself in 4 words and I said "fun, outgoing, dependable, and very charismatic.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in with a box full of photos and wanted to make a scrapbook but had no idea where to begin what would you do?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No Negotiation phase?

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fresno, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was in a group interview with a couple of people. We reviewed what is to be expected for this job and reviewed the skills necessary to perform various tasks for this position.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview

It was all right. Some of the questions was about getting to know you and dedicated you was in the job. It lasted for only 30 minutes and was something to be considered

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Union City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied though Michael's website and took a personality assessment. Got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. Did the interview and came back a week later with my identification papers and was ready to start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation unless you've had experience in retail before. Minimum wage is where they start you off.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Middletown, RI).

Interview

Was contacted by phone after filling out an online application. Scheduled an interview for two days later, went in and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked a difficult question but was asked to work some very unpleasant hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Sebring, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in, had a one on one interview with the store manager, was called back a few days later for orientation.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed by store manager. Positive experience. No hard or too personal questions

Interview Questions

• Questions about problems related to a managers position even if i was applying for framers position.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was one-on-one with store manager in the room used for classes. She read from several pages of interview questions. She wrote down my responses.

Some of the questions asked were:
    "Please explain any gaps in employment."
    "What does customer service mean to you?"
    "Explain how you would approach a customer."
    "Why do you want to work for Michael's?"
    "Do you feel promotions should be based on seniority or performance?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a disagreement with a manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I desired full-time employment and the position was only part-time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to Michael's online. Approximately 5 weeks later I got the call to come in and interview. A manager showed me around the store and briefly explained the system in which they organize the merchandise. Then the actual interview was held in the break room. It lasted less than twenty minutes. I was told that I would get a call after he spoke with the co-manager. I was called about three hours later and offered the position.

My interview was pretty basic:
    Describe world class customer service.
    Do you think employees with seniority should be paid more?
    Why do you want to work at Michael's?
    How would you handle a conflict between you and your manager?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Hurst, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Previously the only way to apply was by going to the store, but apparently Michaels has contracted with an online hiring company, and now there is an extensive skills/personality test. I received a call the same day to interview the following day. I arrived at the store 10 minutes early and told the cashier who I was, and then I walked around the store for close to half an hour. I finally met with the hiring manager, who seemed kind of stressed and flustered. She told me the hours were starting at 3 or 4 a.m. and asked if I was okay with that, and I agreed. She told me it was "hard, dirty" work unloading the truck, and that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I was asked some standard questions that were printed on her interview form, such as how would I define initiative and how often I thought someone should be late to work. I was told my test scores were unusually good. She also said that she had other interviews scheduled which she had to do, and that it would be almost a week before letting me know, but that if I didn't hear from her not to get anxious. I sent a note of thanks once I got home that day, and I waited more than a week but never heard anything. The whole thing was basically a waste of time. I wasted a week thinking I would get hired there, when I could have been looking and applying for other jobs. I was fooled by the interviewer because she acted like she was going to hire me. My advice is if they don't hire you on the spot, don't count on it.

Interview Questions

• How would you define initiative?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer