Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

1.7

Replenishment Associate Interview

Interview

It was a very easy and friendly interview, it contained average questions why do you want the job, what days are you available, are you ok with working early mornings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chino, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call about a week later. Had an interview set up. Very simple interview. Basic questions about any experience. Mostly explained the hours of the job and if I was willing to work at those times. Got a call after the background check went through and was offered the job.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was short only 1 face to face interview. They manager asked behavioral questions and also working in a team environment. They will then give you a call if you get hired most likely that same day.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Vienna, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I spoke with a lady from the Michaels in Vienna about a potential position working there as a replenishment/sales associate. I got my interview the next day and spoke with the manager there. He was very on point and had me fill out a few forms here and there; one of them being the consent to a background check. I spoke to him about my skill sets and how each unique one would be an asset to the company. After, he offered me the position on the condition that I passed my background check. Two days later, I cleared said background check and started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good team member and a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked me what I would like to receive as compensation for working. I told him anything around 8.50 to 8.75 would be cool. He then offered me 9.25 and jokingly said that I could take the 8.50 if I wanted.

When the manager asks you to describe why you would be a good fit for the company, play to your strengths and work them into helping the company somehow. Creativity, a basis in the art field is a plus.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2011.

Interview

Received a call two days after I applied online. Went in for interview the next day. Interview was very informal. I was asked a few questions about my interest in the store and arts & crafts. I was also asked about initiative, and my work ethic. I basically knew I had the job by the end of the interview, I just needed to pass a background check. After the background check, I was told to come in with my credentials (passport, birth certificate, etc), and then I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The assistant manager told me about the positions they were hiring for, the store, and new store manager. She asked me what position I would be best at. She agreed and offered me the job on the spot. Took an about hour and she did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. I believe all sales, cashier, and replen assosciates start off the same.

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Hagerstown, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in so that "we could talk" by the store manager. I went in that same day, he offered me the job pretty much immediately with no real interview. I was told I would have "about 20 hours a week" with more towards season, but am only receiving 4-11. Also, I was told about the quick turn around they had for employees in this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I was told the job paid 8.00 an hour and that's all.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Arlington, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Basic, laid back interview. The online application process was harder than a college level SAT, but I don't think they really base a call back on how you do, just finish it. After about the 200th question I just started clicking anything and they still called me after about 2 weeks. Interview questions are basic, like "Tell me about a time where something didn't go right, what'd you do?" type of questions. Was hired on the spot. Had to go back at random times to be set up in the system and for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Gainesville, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online for sales associate and about a week later I got a call saying they had a replenishment position open. I agreed to interview and the process was super quick. They asked did I know planograms and maybe a couple more questions. The interview was so quick that I thought I did bad and they werent interested however later on that day I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do planograms?   1 Answer
    • This is an early morning job are you ok with getting up so early?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't care what I got 8.25 was good enough for me.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview process is a fairly simple one. The hiring manager will ask you a few questions about your feelings on customers and waking up early in the morning. Replenishers turnover very quickly, you will be hired as long as you're persistent and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• There will be no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process is very vanilla.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.