Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

1.9

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Mateo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and called about a week later to check in on my application. I got scheduled for an interview the next day. Interview lasted about 15 minutes, store manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a positive shopping experience you've had.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and a few days later I got a call for an interview the next day. Two managers took me into a room (the classroom I think). They were pretty cool and the interview was chill and simple. Asked common and situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Florence, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and within 48 hours had an interview lined up. The interview was quick and easy and within the week I was working at Michaels. They were very fast at hiring me and the interviewer was really nice and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview took place after a few days after applying online. It was a group interview and the manager was really nice and honest about the job at hand. They mostly want someone who is kind and always smiling, so they can promote the rewards program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Garner, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Online through Infor, brief and easy to use. Asked many questions about personal temperament as well as the ability to handle changing environments and if one is a good worker in a group of people. Also asked if people are generally good or bad in nature.

Interview Questions

• When you're mad is it okay to yell at people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really easy. There weren't any situational questions at all. It was my first job interview ever and they were really impressed by me bringing in copies of my resume and asking questions back. Just be prepared; it'll blow their minds, especially if you're a teenager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2017.

Interview

Retail experience is a must, I believe. I'd applied twice before, both without any experience in retail and had heard nothing back.

I was first interviewed by an assistant manager, and the process was pretty normal and relaxed. He asked me about my previous work history, what I could bring to the table, and if I was comfortable trying to upsell or suggest things to customers. Basic interviews questions - - nothing you'd need to study on.

About five minutes after interviewing with the first manager, I "interviewed" with the general manager. It kinda seemed like they were desperate for employees and he spent a lot of time talking about the bad. I was worried he'd find me shy since he never gave me a chance to speak. Leaving the room was a little awkward, but I got an email asking for a background checking as soon as I left. Not sure whether I'm going to accept it yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Short and to the point. Described the job requirements and hours willing to work. Talked about the company and what would be expected as an employee. Whole process took less than a week, after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cape Coral, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager and Assistant manager looked over my resume and asked baseless questions to start a conversation. They said they liked my personality and asked where I see myself working. They didn't ask any management questions or other questions other than simple things like - am I a felon? Have I been arrested? etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in Retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clovis, CA).

Interview

online application, called to follow up, and received a interview the next day. Interview questions were pretty easy. If you have retail experience it should be a piece of cake.