Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Short and to the point. Described the job requirements and hours willing to work. Talked about the company and what would be expected as an employee. Whole process took less than a week, after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clovis, CA).

Interview

online application, called to follow up, and received a interview the next day. Interview questions were pretty easy. If you have retail experience it should be a piece of cake.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Easy and fast. The hiring process was super easy and I didn't have many questions to answer. The interviewer was very nice and understanding. I enjoyed the man that interviewed me, he was really nice and only asked me a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from them wanting to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted my application online. I went in and get interviews in one of the classrooms. It was my first interview ever, so I was very nervous. I had no idea how to prepare except for looking on Glassdoor.com ;) The manager made me feel very relaxed and asked simple questions. Some of the questions he asked were on the application, so I just repeated what I said. After he finished, he gave me a tour of the store. Quick and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2016.

Interview

I was called 3 days after applying for a job at Michaels online. I went on my interview two days later. The next day they sent me an email stating that I was hired if my background check cleared out. About a week later they called me back in to fill out paper work. I was in a group of about 5 people. The HR manager told me they normally do one on one paperwork but since this store is brand new and not yet open they decided to do it in groups. We were also not in the store we are suppose to be working in since it is not yet fully set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Woodland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I got a call the next day about an interview. The invterview itself was very short. I was actually informed that the position I applied for was filled, so they offered me a position in their unloading/stock team.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Columbia, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online, it was a very easy, one-interview process. The interview was conversational and informal. She asked me about myself and about why I wanted to work at Michael's. It was a breeze.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called a few weeks after applying, and the manager who called me to ask me to come in for an interview didn't speak very clearly, and it was pretty noisy in the background. I was thankfully able to figure out that it was Michaels calling for an interview, and I was able to make out the time and day he wanted to interview me. This manager was not one of my favorites, he was a bit teasing and he asked me a few questions to sort of test me, like to see if I'd been listening well on the phone call. It was a little bit uncomfortable, but I managed to impress him by being enthusiastic about art and my knowledge of art supplies (it helped a LOT that I've been really into art since I was a kid, and that I'm an art minor, they wanted employees who had some knowledge of the products they were selling).

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

It was casual and friendly. They don't try to trip you up with difficult questions. I dressed in clean and casual clothing and wore very little makeup. The interview was with the store manager, and she was very kind and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with arts and crafts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

It was very easy and not very high pressure at all. You'll sit in the class room with the store manager, and she or he will ask you the average questions about yourself, your employment, what you're looking for, and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• What song describes you best? On a scale from 1-10, how weird are you?   1 Answer