Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clovis, CA).

Interview

online application, called to follow up, and received a interview the next day. Interview questions were pretty easy. If you have retail experience it should be a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from them wanting to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted my application online. I went in and get interviews in one of the classrooms. It was my first interview ever, so I was very nervous. I had no idea how to prepare except for looking on Glassdoor.com ;) The manager made me feel very relaxed and asked simple questions. Some of the questions he asked were on the application, so I just repeated what I said. After he finished, he gave me a tour of the store. Quick and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2016.

Interview

I was called 3 days after applying for a job at Michaels online. I went on my interview two days later. The next day they sent me an email stating that I was hired if my background check cleared out. About a week later they called me back in to fill out paper work. I was in a group of about 5 people. The HR manager told me they normally do one on one paperwork but since this store is brand new and not yet open they decided to do it in groups. We were also not in the store we are suppose to be working in since it is not yet fully set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Woodland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I got a call the next day about an interview. The invterview itself was very short. I was actually informed that the position I applied for was filled, so they offered me a position in their unloading/stock team.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Columbia, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online, it was a very easy, one-interview process. The interview was conversational and informal. She asked me about myself and about why I wanted to work at Michael's. It was a breeze.

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

It was casual and friendly. They don't try to trip you up with difficult questions. I dressed in clean and casual clothing and wore very little makeup. The interview was with the store manager, and she was very kind and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with arts and crafts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

It was very easy and not very high pressure at all. You'll sit in the class room with the store manager, and she or he will ask you the average questions about yourself, your employment, what you're looking for, and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• What song describes you best? On a scale from 1-10, how weird are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A couple days later I got called back for an interview. It went pretty well. The store manager himself had a very approachable manner to him so it was easy for me to be comfortable. I didn't really dress in a professional fit but I did look casual/presentable. I wore a black high/low shirt, purple pants and black shoes with my hair tied into a low ponytail. I was hired on the spot and was told to come back a few weeks later for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to Michaels?   2 Answers
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Michaels?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Troy, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online and got a call to schedule an interview a week or two later. The interview took place at the store with the store manager and lasted about 15-20 minutes. She asked the basic interview questions and I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Boulder, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in and talked to the store manager. I talked about my resume and my previous experience. She told me about what the job would entail and all of the duties I would have as a sales associate.