Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Garner, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Online through Infor, brief and easy to use. Asked many questions about personal temperament as well as the ability to handle changing environments and if one is a good worker in a group of people. Also asked if people are generally good or bad in nature.

Interview Questions

• When you're mad is it okay to yell at people?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really easy. There weren't any situational questions at all. It was my first job interview ever and they were really impressed by me bringing in copies of my resume and asking questions back. Just be prepared; it'll blow their minds, especially if you're a teenager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2017.

Interview

Retail experience is a must, I believe. I'd applied twice before, both without any experience in retail and had heard nothing back.

I was first interviewed by an assistant manager, and the process was pretty normal and relaxed. He asked me about my previous work history, what I could bring to the table, and if I was comfortable trying to upsell or suggest things to customers. Basic interviews questions - - nothing you'd need to study on.

About five minutes after interviewing with the first manager, I "interviewed" with the general manager. It kinda seemed like they were desperate for employees and he spent a lot of time talking about the bad. I was worried he'd find me shy since he never gave me a chance to speak. Leaving the room was a little awkward, but I got an email asking for a background checking as soon as I left. Not sure whether I'm going to accept it yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Short and to the point. Described the job requirements and hours willing to work. Talked about the company and what would be expected as an employee. Whole process took less than a week, after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Cape Coral, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager and Assistant manager looked over my resume and asked baseless questions to start a conversation. They said they liked my personality and asked where I see myself working. They didn't ask any management questions or other questions other than simple things like - am I a felon? Have I been arrested? etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in Retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Clovis, CA).

Interview

online application, called to follow up, and received a interview the next day. Interview questions were pretty easy. If you have retail experience it should be a piece of cake.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Easy and fast. The hiring process was super easy and I didn't have many questions to answer. The interviewer was very nice and understanding. I enjoyed the man that interviewed me, he was really nice and only asked me a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from them wanting to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted my application online. I went in and get interviews in one of the classrooms. It was my first interview ever, so I was very nervous. I had no idea how to prepare except for looking on Glassdoor.com ;) The manager made me feel very relaxed and asked simple questions. Some of the questions he asked were on the application, so I just repeated what I said. After he finished, he gave me a tour of the store. Quick and painless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2016.

Interview

I was called 3 days after applying for a job at Michaels online. I went on my interview two days later. The next day they sent me an email stating that I was hired if my background check cleared out. About a week later they called me back in to fill out paper work. I was in a group of about 5 people. The HR manager told me they normally do one on one paperwork but since this store is brand new and not yet open they decided to do it in groups. We were also not in the store we are suppose to be working in since it is not yet fully set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Woodland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I got a call the next day about an interview. The invterview itself was very short. I was actually informed that the position I applied for was filled, so they offered me a position in their unloading/stock team.