Michaels Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

1.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was a short conversation with the manager about the position and about my availability. I got the interview after applying online then visiting the store a week later to show them I was seriously interested. As long as you show this amount of interest, you will likely get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Fresno, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very brief and easy process. We had a group interview. The hiring manager asked us a few very explanatory questions. We had a personality test, background check, and they asked about our skills. Just be fun and create a positive vibe during the interview. They like an easy going person, since the staff is so small
    they want to enjoy working together like family. Easy peasy interview, especially when they're in need of seasonals during the holidays. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Wilmington, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Wanted to hire me right away but wasn't sure whether they could hire anyone and told me to look at other options. Had to call THEM about job several days later. Took a week to get me training and trained me for a total of 15 minutes and had to fend for myself everyday after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you're hoping to work here and want good hours, make that known because they will screw you out of hours as much as they can.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

I first applied online and waited a week. The hiring manager gave me an interview as soon as I called. About 2 weeks in, I finished my interview and the hiring manager recommended me to the store manager. She showed me the Assistant store manager and said that the store manager would either 1. Call me to get a background check or 2. Call me to go for a second round of interviews. I waited 2 weeks after the interview and finally called back the store. The hiring manager said that the store manager was putting in background tests and would receive the results soon. (Manager never contacted me after interview) I actually got a call/job offer the following day about an hour after.

Interview Questions

• Questions are very standard.
      They will ask you to tell you about yourself so prepare!
      I'm currently in high school so I had to relate all of the answers back to my clubs and such.
      Some questions include
      1. Tell me about a time when a manager wanted you to do something a different way, but you knew it was inefficient.
      2. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in "something"
      3. Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call about an interview within a couple days. Went in for interview with store manager and the office manager. Very casual and asked questions about previous work experience and crafting skills. Also gave several "what if" scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer and another customer was getting agitated that they weren't being helped, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Glen Allen, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was really relaxed. Not too many questions were asked. She just read the basic types up interview questions that were easy to answer. The interview process only lasted about 15 minutes and she was really nice but kinda shy and quiet.

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Roswell, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

One interview, Met with the store manager Jason Allen, after the interview I was offered the job because of my experience with customers Jason was very impressed

Interview Questions

• Would I enjoy working in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We talked about pay and the partial benefits when I qualify for them. The date at which I would start. Job description, what would be expected of me on a daily basis. What were the best hours for me to work, can I lift and move heavy objects.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Newport News, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I went in for a an interview today. Yes, I was very nervous but there wasn't a reason to be. I had asked someone working in framing and she kindly took me to where the interview was going to take place. I met the regional Manager and the two lovely ladies who were going to interview me. We had a short conversation before they asked me why I was applying at Michaels and if I enjoyed arts and crafts. They then discussed where I would be a best fit in and asked if I was ok with this position. I will go in for orientation soon and start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One of them told me that I would start at $x/hr and I said it was fine. I'm just grateful they are giving me this chance as this is going to be my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Duluth, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Received phone call from store manager to set up interview later that week. Went in for interview and was interrupted by other employee's multiple times throughout the interview. Very brief, did not ask too many questions or assess my abilities to perform at the job. Other employee's seemed unhappy and robotic.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Toledo, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Applications only accepted online. Must fill out typical information and then take a lengthy online assessment test of behavior and skills. If chosen a store head or assistant manager will call you for a rather informal interview. Talk about yourself and your reliability. Was hired on the spot and started with an orientation class a week later.