Michaels Stores Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

1.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview was pretty standard and relaxed. The district manager, who I was interviewed by asked the normal questions: "Why would you be a good employee?", asked about previous jobs, also showed and interest in my school schedule and how it would coincide with work.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you thought you received exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied to a store near my home during the holidays. I specifically wished to work near my home since this would be my second job and I already commute a great deal for my full time job. However, my application was pulled by the store manager, (his own admission) of another store 15 minutes from my home. I wanted the job so when I interviewed with the SM I accepted the position even though it only paid ten cents above minimum wage, ($7.35.) I feel that the manager acted deceitful in pulling my application solely for another store.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2016.

Interview

Was a 2 person interview. Very brief, no more than 15 minutes. Asked for availability, experience, and what kind of crafts we like. Basically said we were hired on the spot. Told us we were going to be hired as seasonal but have a high chance of staying with the company. 30% discount on almost everything.

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Utica, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived quite early, so I walked around the cashier informed the manager that I was there for my interview, the cashier stated to go into the craft room and manger will be there soon. So I went into the craft room, waited for about 5 minutes, the manager came in and introduced himself to me, explained that it was seasonal and possibly time after the holidays. I was told to go online and submit to a background check, that's to see if your a phedophile, which is good. I passed, and the manager told me to call in a week, and on Friday October 26, 2016 I got the job and been working there as I write this, the interview was casual, I dressed up in a nice shirt and dress pants. the interview went well..don't sweat the small stuff, if your a business man or woman and want to supplement your income great place to work and I hope you know about crafts, at least know what a pair of scissors are...lol

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation, are you available (open), this means anytime, make sure you say yes!!!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Santa Maria, CA).

Interview

The interview process was painless and easy.Applied online and got a call for a phone interview a few days later, and then a few days after that met with store manager. The in person interview was more of her telling me about the job and what my responsibilities would be and if I felt comfortable with those tasks. The phone interview seemed to be what determined the acceptance and it was typical.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Sunday night, got a call to come in for a interview Monday afternoon and on Tuesday I came in and the manager took less than a minute to show up. He brought into the classroom and he asked me four questions that's it. The rest was him telling me store policy, operation hours and the jobs of everyone and then he asked if I had any questions and we shook hands and that was it. He told to look out for a background consent form in my email in a few days and when I agree to that then the hiring process occurs.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Princeton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask a few questions regarding work experience. After that they wanted to know more about my knowledge of different arts and crafts because they prefer someone with that knowledge in order to give customers proper information.

Interview Questions

• What activities are you involved in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Newport, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick, and fairly easy. She asked me easy questions. It lasted less than ten minutes. It was one of the easiest interviews I've been to. I didn't really have to do much to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite kind of art or craft?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online many months before I actually got a call for an interview. In the end, I got called to interview for a seasonal position. Although the I would prefer regular employment, I was happy to get something! The interviewer was prompt and to the point. It went very well.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Sioux City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online then waited a few days for them to look over the applications then I called them in the next Tuesday and had an interview the next day. I was interviewed in the classroom and it was very laid back. The lady was actually around my age and I was get first interview ever so I'm sure this just made it a bit easier for me.