Michaels Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

1.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was excellent and very nice interviewer. They had reviewed my skills and my job experiences and said that they felt I would make a very nice fit to the Company. They extended the offer to me and let me know that I would have to pass a background check in order for the actual hiring process to continue.

Interview Questions

• Did I have open availability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I saw a posting in the store and I applied. I got a call for an interview two days later. It was a short interview that lasted about twenty minutes. It took place in a small employee room.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you would be concerned about working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Miami, FL).

Interview

I sat down in the security room and the assistant manager asked me about work experience, when I was available and then they reviewed my application. The process was very simple for me because I overheard another interview before mine and they were much harder questions than they were for me.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Staten Island, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple and basic interview questions, relaxed environment, under 15 minutes. Questions were about my self, my skills and experience listed on my resume. They asked for a background check when I was done.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview and Hiring process went fairly quick. Mostly just chatted about my educational goals, since I was in high school. The manager seemed interested in the fact that I was ambitious and had an outgoing personality.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying to work at their store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Mira Loma, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. Easy Questions. 2 managers were present. It was a group interview but only one other person was present. The managers were very easy to speak with.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • They put an object in front of you and ask you how would you sell this item to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

very quick and to the point, I was interviewed one-on-one the very next day (after filling out an application), then hired directly on the spot- it was a quick process and overall excellent experience!

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lakewood, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was laid back. Honestly right when I got there, the manager already had my papers and stuff I had to sign and I basically got the job 3 minutes into it. All he asked me was for my availability and that was basically it. We went over the rules and the expectations and then he said to call him the next day to schedule a training day.

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Hills, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during the holiday season and heard from the manager a few days later to schedule an interview at the store in CA. He was very nice and the interview took about 20 min. He offered me the job right on the spot and scheduled training sessions for a few days later right then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Arlington, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to be a team member/cashier and got a call back about a week later. The hiring manager was really nice and asked basic questions. I never got called back after the interview but it was okay because it was my first interview and I needed the experience. As for advice, make sure to follow up a week after submitting the application and a week after the interview. Also, before entering the interview, make sure that you know who you are. Some of the questions may cause you to introspect for an answer that only you could know. For my interview, I dressed in professional attire, but I'm pretty sure that you could just wear something casual. Good luck to all you Job Seekers!