Michaels Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Staten Island, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple and basic interview questions, relaxed environment, under 15 minutes. Questions were about my self, my skills and experience listed on my resume. They asked for a background check when I was done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview and Hiring process went fairly quick. Mostly just chatted about my educational goals, since I was in high school. The manager seemed interested in the fact that I was ambitious and had an outgoing personality.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying to work at their store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

very quick and to the point, I was interviewed one-on-one the very next day (after filling out an application), then hired directly on the spot- it was a quick process and overall excellent experience!

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Lakewood, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was laid back. Honestly right when I got there, the manager already had my papers and stuff I had to sign and I basically got the job 3 minutes into it. All he asked me was for my availability and that was basically it. We went over the rules and the expectations and then he said to call him the next day to schedule a training day.

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (West Hills, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during the holiday season and heard from the manager a few days later to schedule an interview at the store in CA. He was very nice and the interview took about 20 min. He offered me the job right on the spot and scheduled training sessions for a few days later right then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Arlington, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to be a team member/cashier and got a call back about a week later. The hiring manager was really nice and asked basic questions. I never got called back after the interview but it was okay because it was my first interview and I needed the experience. As for advice, make sure to follow up a week after submitting the application and a week after the interview. Also, before entering the interview, make sure that you know who you are. Some of the questions may cause you to introspect for an answer that only you could know. For my interview, I dressed in professional attire, but I'm pretty sure that you could just wear something casual. Good luck to all you Job Seekers!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Pearland, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later to set up an interview the next day. I came in and met with the manager in the Michael's classroom expecting to answer basic interview questions, but instead I just got asked about my availability. She then mentioned the job description and said the job was mine. (I had to tell her I needed time to think about accepting it.) I was the one that had to strike up questions about hours, holiday scheduling, training, etc. I got their 15 min early for the interview and left about 15-20 min. later. Not a difficult interview at all. If you want it, you can get it. It's just a matter of liking how their hours available and scheduling is like.

Interview Questions

I actually haven't accepted or declined yet, still thinking it over. Reason being is that they offer $7.50/hr (non-negotiable). I wanted something with a little bit higher pay, but I do like the flexible hours and laid-back atmosphere...

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2014.

Interview

The application process is done through peoplesoft program and includes a personality assessment portion. I interviewed at a couple locations and interview questions were similar and standard questions (weaknesses, strengths, what is customer service to you?) The first interview lasted less than 5 minutes (I had to wait for the manager to get there because he was late) and the other ran longer approximately 20-30 minutes.

Make good eye contact and have a positive disposition and you will get the job :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay, regardless of prior experience. There is a set pay scale for the corporation based heavily on sales.

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Chambersburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call back within a week (can't remember exactly how many days). I had one interview on a Thursday with the store manager. I didn't have to answer many questions because she spent the whole time outlining the job and my expected duties. She covered everything, so I didn't need to ask any questions either. They called me and gave me an offer the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I was outgoing enough to help customers figure out what they need to complete their projects and not just show them where something is because some customers don't know what they're looking for when they come in.   2 Answers

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple. I was asked a few questions about my school hobbies and such, a lot of character questions. I applied for sales associate, but instead I was interviewed for helping set up the new store. This wasn't really a big deal for me since I was going to work the same hours and make 8 dollars, for not having any prior experience, I was happy with that. I was told I got the job, but never received a second call back.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. I was surprised how informal the whole thing felt.   Answer Question