Michaels Stores Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by someone from this company. Someone from corporate HR interviewed me for 40 minutes via phone about a store manager in training position. I met with a district manager who was a hour late for the interview and dressed as if she had just unloaded a truck . She tells me that they are a promote from within company and asks if I would accept a department supervisor position. I work for a company as an assistant manager. I'm awaiting a store to open shop I can promote. Why would I be interested in a $10k pay reduction and a lesser position? This DM says she has no idea what the HR person discussed with me. Why aren't you communicating?

My advice to Michael's is to not waste an applicants time. The professionalism was poor.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be interested in a department supervisor position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

4 total interviews with the last one being zone vice president, Phone screen first then dm interview hr interview and panel type vice president interview . whole process took 2- 3 weeks and was thorough
    All done professionally and scheduled until the last one which was short notice (2 hours previous) and at 8 at night in a venue far away from my home. Felt like my commitment to the process was being tested by the last experience

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Michaels, What I was passionate about in my work life   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short . salary and benefits were competitive and I was excited to join the team

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in December 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews followed up with in store interviews and a store tour. Lots of behavior based questions. Additional phone interview with the zone vice president and then final word from HR. The process took much longer than I expected. They also do a very thorough background check. So due to moving around frequently it took quite a while for the background to clear.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to relocate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They send you a job offer letter and give you a couple days to decide.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Interviewed phone interview with recruiter, met in person with DM, phone interview with rude HR lady, quick phone interview with RVP. All quick easy questions. Very basic.

Interview Questions

• HR lady tried to be difficult, but she was ineffective at doing so.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told the DM what I needed & he said he would try to get it approved & he did.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Very Fast and was very down to earth

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Montgomery, AL) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with hr field rep over phone, district manager in person and hr manager over the phone. Went very smoothly even during the holiday season. They made it very simple and communicated fairly quickly and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Why I was qualified for the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Carson City, NV).

Interview

Worked way up the store, took long time to get job, even though I was already doing the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2012.

Interview

Several steps to the process. The Recruiter, Paige Walsh, was simply the best recruiter with whom I have dealt. She is fantastic. After the Recruiter, I met with a Store Manager, a District Manager, the Zone Vice President, and the Zone Human Resource Manager. All were very good, as each had a different expectation and view point. It was well-organized, but there was a long period in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were several who interviewed me in several steps. All wanted to know about my background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Christiansburg, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview over phone with Corp rec. Interview with DM in person, DM was not dressed for her position. DM did not sell the company. Poor process in all areas.

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust o dealing with less volume than your use to.   1 Answer
    • I can not pay you what you were making.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Professional and direct went through a telephone interview then went to a face to face interview it was a very easy process and the team there was very good to work with

Interview Questions

• why did I wish to be s part of this team   1 Answer