Michaels Stores Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michaels Stores Support Specialist Interview Questions

1.6

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Applied to micheals, got a call 2 days later. Interview was very relaxed, asked me about college and offered me a different job than the one I applied for. I wasn't able to take it because of school so they never called me back

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received a call the following Monday to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for Wednesday and I was told I would basically have the job and they would call me back after the background check. Received the call Friday and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• They literally did not ask me any interview questions, other than, "I assume you're a self-starter, right?" Otherwise the assistant manager just talked to me about her personal life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate a pay and wish I had. I did not realize how many tasks the job entailed until I actually started, and quickly realized that I should have been getting paid much more.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief, they did a background check, but no drug test. It was extremely easy to get the position with no experience required. I had to do the forms, and watch a couple of videos about the company and then I started the very next day. This is a good job for a high school student.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2013.

Interview

Applied on line, was called in for a face to face interview. Then was given a brief tour of the store and met some other employees. Had to wait for a background check to clear before I was put on schedule, and first week only worked 4 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It was a take it or leave it.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I filled out an application and took a test online. The store manager called me within days to set up my formal interview which was conducted in the classroom by the Assistant Store Manager. The ASM was professional but kept the mood light. There was the typical Q & A session followed by a timed test and afterward the Store Manager stopped in briefly for a few follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• i was never asked a difficult or unexpected question as the company had all the questions on a pretyped form.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I took a looooong two part test.. There was a timed portion of the test. There were 20ish questions, both math and grammar, and there was an untimed portion with 300 or so "personality" questions (some of which were repeats so I wondered if that was to trip you up or simply oversight). I was called in 2-3 weeks later for interview and spoke to an asst. manager for 10 minutes. After we spoke she said I only needed to pass background check but that I, essentially, had the job.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied on line and was called in for an interview within a few days. Standard questions asked. Was offered position on the spot. Relaxed atmosphere during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was being rude and how you handled it.   Answer Question