Michaels Stores Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

1.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

A few days after applying and completing a mandatory IQ test online, I got an email from the store saying that they were interested in bringing me in for an interview. I called them and scheduled one.

One of the managers brought me to the back room to conduct the interview. It was roughly 15 minutes with about 2-4 generic job related questions. When it was done, she told me that they'd be in contact. Less than a week later, they called and asked me to show up to train for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you found out one of the cash registers was short, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any previous work experience that would help you in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michaels Stores

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2017.

Interview

The girl who interviewed me didn't know what she was doing, and had just recently become a manager herself. She seemed like she didn't want to be there and I had to ask her if I had the job, to which she replied, "uh, yeah, I think so. Uh, the store manager might want to interview you though." Two days later I got a call from another manager telling me my start day and pay. Overall it was sloppy, and obvious they just wanted a warm body and could really care less about skills or abilities.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Applied to micheals, got a call 2 days later. Interview was very relaxed, asked me about college and offered me a different job than the one I applied for. I wasn't able to take it because of school so they never called me back

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received a call the following Monday to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for Wednesday and I was told I would basically have the job and they would call me back after the background check. Received the call Friday and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• They literally did not ask me any interview questions, other than, "I assume you're a self-starter, right?" Otherwise the assistant manager just talked to me about her personal life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate a pay and wish I had. I did not realize how many tasks the job entailed until I actually started, and quickly realized that I should have been getting paid much more.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief, they did a background check, but no drug test. It was extremely easy to get the position with no experience required. I had to do the forms, and watch a couple of videos about the company and then I started the very next day. This is a good job for a high school student.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2013.

Interview

Applied on line, was called in for a face to face interview. Then was given a brief tour of the store and met some other employees. Had to wait for a background check to clear before I was put on schedule, and first week only worked 4 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It was a take it or leave it.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I filled out an application and took a test online. The store manager called me within days to set up my formal interview which was conducted in the classroom by the Assistant Store Manager. The ASM was professional but kept the mood light. There was the typical Q & A session followed by a timed test and afterward the Store Manager stopped in briefly for a few follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• i was never asked a difficult or unexpected question as the company had all the questions on a pretyped form.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I took a looooong two part test.. There was a timed portion of the test. There were 20ish questions, both math and grammar, and there was an untimed portion with 300 or so "personality" questions (some of which were repeats so I wondered if that was to trip you up or simply oversight). I was called in 2-3 weeks later for interview and spoke to an asst. manager for 10 minutes. After we spoke she said I only needed to pass background check but that I, essentially, had the job.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michaels Stores (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied on line and was called in for an interview within a few days. Standard questions asked. Was offered position on the spot. Relaxed atmosphere during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was being rude and how you handled it.   Answer Question