Michelin North America Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michelin North America Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. Within 2 weeks they flew me out to their corporate headquarters where I spent a full day interviewing. Interview consisted of 3 phases.
First: Tour of the factory followed by overview of the company, history and short term plan for future. This was followed by a quick test over bottlenecks and possible optimization solutions. I struggled initially, but my reasoning was going the right way.
Second: interview with a career manager that had the typical interview questions asked from a sheet where the interviewer recorded the answers.
Third: interview with the IE manager where he asked about different projects and accomplishments related to managing projects or improving processes.
Last thing was going out to lunch with a current IE there with the opportunity to ask him any questions about working there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a project you have managed in the past and how you achieved results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Michelin North America

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Michelin has a very in depth interview process featuring Phone screens, Personality Assessments, Written Exams, Group Projects, and Traditional Interviews .The interview process for me involved a fair amount of travel with interviews in both the Greenville, SC headquarters and a Fort Wayne, IN manufacturing facility. Overall the process took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to work with a challenging employee to implement an initiative or improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

3 phase, on site interview. 1st was a timed test. It is more to see how you react to stress. I did horrible in completing it however, as long as you can handle the criticism after/during the test, you'll be fine. 2nd and 3rd phases are 1on1 type interviews. Typical questions. They ask you about past projects where you improved a process. After all that, you have lunch with people who you interviewed with. This is a test in how you interact with people.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was highly organized and convenient. Michelin arranged and paid for flights, a hotel, and a rental car. The night prior to the interview I was taken out to dinner by a mid to senior level Michelin employee and was given the chance to ask questions and discuss the company and the position in a comfortable environment. The following day I attended the interview at the headquarters building. It was a three part interview. The first part consisted of a practical test to ensure that I had the basic aptitude to be trained as an IE. The second part consisted of a face to face interview with an individual from the HR department consisting of the standard questions you would expect. The final part was a face to face with a Senior IE Manager where we discussed a project I had worked on in detail. After the interview process was complete I headed to the airport. I received a phone call from their HR department prior to boarding the airplane with an excellent job offer. Sadly, due to other circumstances I was not able to accept the position. Overall the interview and hiring process was better than anything I could have expected.

Interview Questions

• The practical application test was more difficult than I expected, but in the end they were looking for aptitude to learn rather than the ability to get the perfect answer.   Answer Question

Personal circumstances

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Fort Wayne, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview for this position was conducted in three phases:

1) Phone interview: this was fairly straightforward, lasting about an hour with the usual run of the mill questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, etc.) In addition, be prepared to solve an IE problem (keep a computer or pen/paper handy for this). After this, I was immediately told I would be sent to the next step.

2) Interview at Michelin HQ, Greenville SC: this is an all day interview and travel arrangements/car/hotel are provided by Michelin. There is first a presentation and then candidates are separated and sent around to different interviewers. Questions revolves primarily around your resumé and background. Additionally, there is an IE pre-test, which takes about an hour and may take you off guard if you're not familiar with the IE field. After lunch, there is a team-building exercise - make sure you ask the operator for more information. We were given a week to find out whether or not we'd made it to the next step.

3) Interview at local plant: the last step is an interview at the local plant. This is a plant tour with mostly casual introductions and has a "get-to-know-you" type feel. The only exception is an interview with the hiring manager, which is filled with cookbook type questions. After this, I was not told when I might next be contacted or given any follow-on information. Two weeks later I received a generic form e-mail stating there were no positions available.

Interview Questions

• There is an industrial engineering type exam given at the Michelin HQ   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Interview is everything you would expect. Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Apparently saying family is the most important thing in your life is the wrong answer as that is why I didnt get the job.   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America in October 2011.

Interview

-Applied Online
    -Preliminary Phone Interview
    -Headquarters interview including personal interview, "technical" interview, 1 hr long math problem, finishing with a group problem solving session with other interviewees
    -Onsite interview with management with generally the same type of questions from the headquarters interview
    -Offer given hours after the onsite interview

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions regarding previous work experience, particularly with regard to innovative solutions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, particularly as it relates to pay.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America (Greenville, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

First Interview was a phone interview. Then you will be brought down to Greenville, SC to interview against other applicants. The end of this interview will involve a group exercise where you will be able to demonstrate your abilities to work well with others. The last interview will be a on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There will be a problem solving test during the Greenville, SC interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

The email you an offer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Michelin North America in May 2009.

Interview

First stage was a phone interview and a personality/IQ test. They went OK.

After a long period (over six weeks), they moved to a face to face at their corporate headquarters. It was a four stage interview, two face to face, and two skills tests. Group skill set - be sure to ask "operator" what the product is that needs constructed. Show working together.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the company?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michelin North America in April 2011.

Interview

Long interviewing process, got a call after 7 months of meeting with the recruiting team. After that a phone interview, an IQ and personality test lasting aprox. 1.5 hours I was invited to interview at HQ. After passing that interview I interviewed at the place that they had the oppening.