Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Interview Questions

Interviews at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

Interview

Interview consisted of myself, two supervisors and a senior level staff member. The process was very much focused on personality, ability to get along in a team, and ability to adapt to unique situations. If I recall correctly, there was only one question that was specifically about technical knowledge. Being that most of my experience has been technical, I had to find ways to work it in to my answers to situation based questions.

The key things which I felt impressed the staff interviewing me were any time I was able to show an ability to adjust to the situation and any time I was able to work in light-hearted laughter about industry-specific situations (like I said, the interview essentially avoided technical topics).

Many of the questions they asked were not questions I'd ever received before, so rather than answering right away I requested a moment to think. They all seemed fine with this and gave me time without making me feel pressured. At the end they allowed me to ask them questions, so I did and they each took turns giving detailed answers and it was clear they enjoyed their work and enjoyed telling me about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on a project, but the final product was not going to be adequate. How did you address this?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when two coworkers had conflicting opinions on how to accomplish a task and what you did to fix this.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a difficulty you have faced in your life or career and how you overcame this.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

Interview

One of the most enjoyable interviews I've been to. Most questions centered around my plans for college and STAR-based questions. My hiring process has taken several months. Looking forward to starting my new job!

Physicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (Lansing, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Standard interview. Two supervisors and a senior co-worker. I was asked several questions from a sheet of paper and given time to ask questions after. I was expecting some sort of technical questions, but there weren't any. Not a lot different than getting an interview at a fast food place to be quite honest.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just your basic run of the mill questions along the lines of how you handle social situations, best/worst qualities, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's the government so everything is pretty much set in stone.

Student Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

Interview

This is a unpaid internship position and the interview was mostly to make sure both the student and the employer see the fit.