Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services

Social Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

It was myself in front of three people. They used the STAR format. The test was given prior to the interview and was 15 minutes long. It felt very relaxed and was fairly easy. They asked questions then let me speak as they barely made contact due to focusing on writing out my responses/taking notes.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think make you a potential candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (Port Huron, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was in two steps/visits. 1st was a written portion on the computer. Be sure to watch the video they send in your email before the visit.

The second part of the process is a sit down panel-style interview. Review the interview tips link they give you prior to your interview and take some time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult aspect of the job?   Answer Question

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

went in for a written and panel interview
    Started with written was given a scenario and computer to type my response in 20 minutes. Then a list of the questions for the interview was given to me with ten minutes to prepare. Star type of interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The first part of interview was based on a case study and you must answer one of three questions about the case. The next part of the interview was conducted by two interviewers who used the stare approach. They give you a list of possible questions to go over prior to the interview which made it a little easier. Overall the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problem or project with little instruction?   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Interview

It was very relaxed, two supervisors take turns asking you the questions. Barely any eye contact due to them constantly writing down all of your answers. Just practice STAR based questions and answering methods ans you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time where you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Same as the others use in the state of Michigan they will give you the list of question before hand so you do have sometime to come up with what you are going to say.

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

Invited to do a written exam, came to the office for the exam and was given an hour to complete it, after that they send you an email on whether or not you’ve passed and if you did pass you’re invited back to do a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you may face in this profession and what steps will you take to help you with those challenges   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in July 2017.

Interview

Written portion of the interview was based on a hypothetical scenario. Interviewed with a panel of two asking behavioral based questions related to position competencies. Very pleasant experience with a relaxed style interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

Panel interview, very standard questions. However, the questions were oriented towards the state's accounting system, which unless you've worked for the state, you're not going to know anything about.

The interviewers read predetermined questions, to which you answer and there heads go down furiously writing your response. Makes it difficult to really engage with them.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Traditional interview with three managers from relevant departments. The questions were split between the three, and everyone had a copy of the questions for writing notes. There was a 30 minute problem solving test afterwards which mirrored a basic college finance test. Most focused on calculating expected expenses via projected increases and one time purchase. After the interview and test, I was told I'd hear back either way within a week (most state jobs can take a while, but this position was in a rush to be filled). I received a call from an hr rep who I had not spoken with before and received an offer below my current salary. They required I submit my 2 most recent paystubs in order to negotiate a higher offer. The next day I received an offer slightly higher, but not enough to make the transition appealing. I did feel that the conversation and offers by hr at the end were the least personable part of the process. I have an MBA, and a conservative 3 years of relevant financial experience, but they would only offer the position at an entry level experience and pay. Other than how it ended, my initial contact and interview were positive experiences.

Interview Questions

• most questions asked for examples on how one showed initiative, overcame adversity, or was a team player.   1 Answer