Michigan Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Michigan Department of Transportation

2.8

Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviewers on the panel, took about an hour, professional setting. Prepared questions were asked and they took turns asking me questions. The panel took notes rating my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience, ability on using software, etc.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

There were three people in my interview. One was the office manager, a company executive, and employee that has over 25 years of experience in the department. Each of them asked a few questions, and the interview was kind of intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Using one word, how would you describe your personality?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. I received a call a month or two before the end of the spring semester. The call consisted of asking about which classes I had taken during college. At the end of the call I was offered the position without realizing that was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What college courses have you taken?   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Detroit, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and they asked about my application. They then asked if I would be good with the location. They then wanted to know if I would accept a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with the work location?   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Lansing, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I was Interviewed for ITS / Connected Vehicles Engineer position, the experience, all in all, was nice and smooth. I had a Panel of three Professionals and one HR. At the beginning, they told that I will have 11 questions and 30 mins to answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Be ready for aptitude and skill questions. There is an average of 4 people asking question and writing your responses. They asked about 10 questions and you can skip and go back to questions if you dont feel prepare to answer at the time.

Interview Questions

• Negative experience that I turned into positive   1 Answer
    • If I knew about the MDOT 5 stars step program   1 Answer

Civil Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Lansing, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process for the co-op position was just a phone call and quick review of the college courses I had taken this far. The hiring manager had already reviewed my transcript, so she asked me a few questions regarding what I had learned in these classes, and how they would be useful for the lab I was going to be working for.

Interview Questions

• What I had learned in my college experience and how I would be beneficial to their group.   1 Answer

Entry Level Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation (Lansing, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

You must apply online, and wait. If selected, they will call and schedule an interview in person. It lasts around 20 minutes. Questions about your personality, and how to deal with different situations.

Construction Supervisors Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Department of Transportation.

Interview

All interviews are the same structure, but the 10-12 questions can vary slightly depending on which job you are applying for. Sometime they will also give you a small test, like asking you to read some blueprints or something. At the end you are allowed to ask some questions of your own and make any statement that you think would help make you a better candidate then anyone else.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this position?
      What type of situation have you been in?
      Do you work well in a team? Why? Example?   Answer Question