Michigan Office Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michigan Office Solutions

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Received a phone screen from recruiter who then invited me for an in-person interview. A couple days before the interview she asked me to arrive early to meet with the HR Director and then I'd meet with the Regional Manager. During the interview I ended up meeting with the Regional Manager first for a brief meeting before the HR Director came in and switched places. Then, she proceeded to tell me how they'd filled the Sales Consultant role and continued asking me about my interest in working as a recruiter (I currently work as a recruiter) I told her that was not my interest and I was pursuing strictly a sales role, although i understand both roles are sales. I found it to be very unprofessional that they didn't ask if I was interested in recruiting prior to taking a half day off of work and making a 2 1/2 hour trip for the interview. If they told me the position I had applied to had already been filled then I would have let them know I'm not interested. I could have saved all three of us time.

Interview Questions

Michigan Office Solutions Response

May 1, 2017 – VP of HR

In our fast passed environment, schedule changes can happen due to last minute events within MOS. We can appreciate how it may have appeared to you. Thank you for bringing your view to our ... More

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

In depth, but made you feel comfortable as well. Brought in multiple members of the leadership team to familiarize yourself with. Took time to answer additional questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals and how do you see a company like ours helping you achieve them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy, friendly.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, one on one interview, and a panel interview. I also took 2 online assessments. The process took approximately ten days. I received the offer by phone, then in writing.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked: What interests you about our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate.

Customer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 2 days after I applied online, the HR manager said I passed the interview and wanted me to answer an exam on the link that she emailed me, it was a behavioral exam. After the exam, I got another call again scheduling for an interview with the Director and the manager of the department I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about you and your past employers and what do you know about their company.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, than an interview with your potential manager, than a panel interview with 4 managers usually including the regional president and CEO or company Vice President.

Interview Questions

• You haven't really accomplished anything in sales yet, why should we consider you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

phone screening with recruiter, personality assessment test, then one on one interview with hiring manager, then i went on a ride day with a rep in the field to see what it was really like to work there and meet alot of employees. last, I had a panel interview with the VP, CEO, a manager, and HR that lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

My interview experience went smooth. They are very thorough in their process. I met initially with the recruiter who was very nice and helpful. Then I met with the hiring manager. The last step was a panel interview which was a little scary- but thanks to the recruiter who helped me prepare I did very well!

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because they gave me a great offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Novi, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview consisted of 4 steps. Phone Interview/1:1 Interview/ Ride Around/ Group Panal Interview. Through the entire interview process the HR people were very helpful. They called me and made sure I was doing alright, and asked me how interview's went. I walked to Vice President of Sales and he was very nice and spent an hour talking to me. I went on a ride around with a sales consultant and he was very nice and helpful. Overall they are looking for talented sales people who are motivated and driven and are up for a challenge. They pay nicely as well.

Interview Questions

I had some other opportunities which were better fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

detailed interview, multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to get into sales?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions.

Interview

The process was very smooth and very quick. I appreciated the decisiveness in their hiring process. I knew exactly where i was in the process at all times. I was well prepared by their recruiters for the interview and it was not intimidating or unexpected. I was a little nervous for the panel interview but it was a great opportunity to meet everyone and for us to have an open discussion both ways. I had the opportunity to "interview" them as well to see if i would be a fit for MOS as well.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any because the recruiter prepared me well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very easy as the offer was excellent to begin with.