Michigan Office Solutions Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Received a phone screen from recruiter who then invited me for an in-person interview. A couple days before the interview she asked me to arrive early to meet with the HR Director and then I'd meet with the Regional Manager. During the interview I ended up meeting with the Regional Manager first for a brief meeting before the HR Director came in and switched places. Then, she proceeded to tell me how they'd filled the Sales Consultant role and continued asking me about my interest in working as a recruiter (I currently work as a recruiter) I told her that was not my interest and I was pursuing strictly a sales role, although i understand both roles are sales. I found it to be very unprofessional that they didn't ask if I was interested in recruiting prior to taking a half day off of work and making a 2 1/2 hour trip for the interview. If they told me the position I had applied to had already been filled then I would have let them know I'm not interested. I could have saved all three of us time.

Interview Questions

Michigan Office Solutions Response

May 1, 2017 – VP of HR

In our fast passed environment, schedule changes can happen due to last minute events within MOS. We can appreciate how it may have appeared to you. Thank you for bringing your view to our... More

Other Interview Reviews for Michigan Office Solutions

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Office Solutions (Novi, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

This interview consisted of 4 steps. Phone Interview/1:1 Interview/ Ride Around/ Group Panal Interview. Through the entire interview process the HR people were very helpful. They called me and made sure I was doing alright, and asked me how interview's went. I walked to Vice President of Sales and he was very nice and spent an hour talking to me. I went on a ride around with a sales consultant and he was very nice and helpful. Overall they are looking for talented sales people who are motivated and driven and are up for a challenge. They pay nicely as well.

Interview Questions

I had some other opportunities which were better fit for me.