Michigan State University Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

2.4

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Panel of 4 people. Asked me real life, relevant questions that pertain to the job. It was semi-relaxed and gave me a chance to not feel too uptight and nervous. I was called a few days later for a second interview and the job was then offered.

Interview Questions

• You come from an unrelated field, why should we pick you?   1 Answer

Incident Response Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied in Late June for this position. A month or so later I received an email that asked me to give times for an in-person interview. I had an interview 2 weeks later. I met with one HR member and 3 members of the Incident Response team. In addition to many typical interview questions a logic test was also administered. All members of the panel were very nice. 6 days after my interview, I received an email informing me the position was cancelled.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

phone call first interview. They will call back to setup formal interview with manager of the department. Usual interview process asking scripted questions overall easy and friendly process. Office skills test is also required typing, reading,

FRIB Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Job submission is web based attach your cover letter and resume then enter most of that data again in the submission form. Once you do it once it's done for any other submissions. Phone interview asking very technical questions some of them relevant some of them seem to have been lifted from a question bank. Answered about 65% with some level of fluency. Was frankly surprised to hear back from them to have the face to face. So no need to sweat the technical interview as much as you would think. Face to face was great pretty large number of folks some of them technical some of them not. One person led the question section and a few put their two cents in. Most of them nice a few a little more aggressive. Nothing advesarial. Left in a good place all around. Good folks with an interesting mission.

Interview Questions

• Basic linux admin questions, Computer security in regards to network security. Pretty low level networking questions. Ports on firewall, switches, switching & routing theory. What attracted you to this job, weaknesses, knowledge of the problem area they are working on.   1 Answer

Field/Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gull Lake, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (Gull Lake, MI).

Interview

Very easy interview. The entire meeting was roughly an hour long. 30 minutes explaining the various projects our lab works on, and 30 minutes going over your resume and explaining aspects of yourself and your past experience.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

A very lengthy process from start to finish--included a phone screen and then a panel interview. It can vary by department interviewing you though. For most people it can take months before you hear anything and sometimes you are not notified at all. It is a very competitive process to say the least. Each interview has been very helpful in sharpening my interview skills. Sometimes Human Resources directly selects the applicants for the department and sometimes the department chooses who they will interview. Either way it is a very lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your role on a team. . .   1 Answer

Game Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informal. It did not require any preperation other than for me to submit my resume and show my previous work experience with unity. This was for an on campus internship as a game software engineer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with unity?   1 Answer

Animal Caretaker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Applied online (they don't post publicly very often). Heard through email not too long after for in person interview. Interviewed with the Operations Supervisor and another Supervisor. I believe it was a few days later I was asked to come back to meet with a different Supervisor and another "higher up". I was driven to see one of the facilities and sent on my way. I got a phone call the next day (after leaving an interview for completely different job) and the job offer. Then I got an email of when to be expected. I think the entire process up to my first official day was 3-4 weeks.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Just know that if someone's kid, spouse, or sibling needs a job, you lose. It doesn't matter that their degree is in biology and they have no experience and this is an HR job. The daughter-in-law will get it because she can't find another job nearby. Be smarmy and do not demand too much of any subordinate that has a relative in HR, because they can and will keep you off interview lists. This place is going to get whiter and whiter and I would suggest, lazier and lazier.

Interview Questions

• Are you a web master? (note the job posting did not mention this as a recommended or requirement).   1 Answer
    • Should have asked me... "Can you sit patiently for 45 minutes while I talk about 'my vision.'   1 Answer

Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted CV and letters of reference. Interviewed by HR and Supervisor. Met with each of the Supervisors, approximately five other administrators and answered questions about skill, abilities and challenges. Returned for second interview.