Michigan Surgical Products Medical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michigan Surgical Products

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan Surgical Products (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

I was contacted to have an interview one week before the interview date. Plenty of time to prepare. The HR director was excellent at making sure I had the appropriate time and place of the interview. I went to the interview and was met by the Manager I would be working for. We introduced each other and got down to business. Right off the bat I could tell he hadn't reviewed any of my credentials. He started telling me what his company sold and how they worked. I had 4 years selling that type of equipment if he would have looked at my resume - I had to inform him of that because we would have been there all day. He told me he came from a pharmaceutical background and went to manager after 2 years in. Toooooo early for a person to be manager. Then he started asking me a bunch of STAR questions. I again interruped him and said let's talk about what you are looking for and what I can bring to the table ( we were only 1/2 way throught his questions!) I decided at that time he was not a manager that could lead me anywhere unless I was blindfolded. I was then taken to the HR Manager and we talked. The HR Manager was very professional and on top of it. I would take direction from him. I told him at that time that I don't believe we have a fit. He understood. I left and got a call four days later from the HR Manager saying they were moving ahead with someone else. Thank goodness!

Interview Questions

• All of the usual STAR questions that didn't apply, especially to medical device.   Answer Question