Michigan Technological University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University.

Interview

I had a meeting with my advisor to talk about the project objectives, overall idea, and schedule. After one semester close observation of my work quality, my advisor decided to hire me to do his research assistant for a $300,000 WaterReuse founded project.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Michigan Technological University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

My advisor called me without prior notice to discuss her field of research interest. The conversation took about 30 minutes and finally she said she would let me know her decision later. After a couple of weeks she got back to me via an e-mail to say she has picked me up to start a PhD program.

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by Professor itself. Small interview process with lots of questions on your undergrad work. More conversation from prof side, explaining the work culture in Michigan Tech and my future work under him. Next day had lab tour, he explained all the work and project undergoing in the lab, gave a short presentation on the lab equipments.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University in November 2011.

Interview

Depends on the Professor applied to.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to do your PhD on this topic?   1 Answer