Micro Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Simple interview process. I went in person and was schedule for the following week. I was interviewed and about a week later I got the call back to start my new role at the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever been while at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micro Center

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted of two interviews. One was the interview where you talk to the managers and then take a computer test. The other one is the final interview with the person who is actually hiring you.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Micro Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with the general manager as well as two of the other managers. I took a mini knowledge exam as well as two separate interviews. It was a bit disorienting when I first walked in as to where I needed to be, but now I think I've got the hang of it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micro Center (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy.....
    First take the personality and logic tests which should be taking you about 15 minutes max.....
    The logic test is 50 questions long and you have 12 minutes to finish it
    Then two interviews after that..... (When i went there was inventory and i only had to do one.......because the other interviewer was busy)

Then if they like you they will call you in again for another interview which is their boss....... This is the last interview where you just know the benefits of working in the company...... And an approval of the candidate.....

If you are a first timer in employment (in general) like me they will look at your resume and ask you questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is not negotiable ....., they just tell you what you will get.....
    But the hours are semi negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Submit application got a call the next day to schedule interview. Went into interview few days later, took some computer tests to see my ability and was offered a job. They ran background check and had me do drug test the process took about a week total.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

applied online about 2 weeks before first interview. Had another interview setup the following week and came in the day after for a final third interview. It was relatively quick but with a lot of repetitive information told to you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was seriously hard at all about it. I barely had to speak throughout all three interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating pay at all. Hours seem semi negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Center (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted 8 days later. had 3 interviews.
    they have you take 3 tests. an iq test. electronic knowledge test and a standard employee survey.

first interview was receiving info on the job position and company.
    second was more or less "selling your self" as a potential employee
    third at that point was more like a final check and was with the general manager it was essentially a "meet and greet".

was given employee hand book filled out some tax info and started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• the IQ test they don't want to tell you its an IQ test even if you ask about it. you have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting pay $8.5 probably non negotiable but that was for starting as a cashier.
    hours are extremely negotiable or thats the impression i receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY).

Interview

Basic questions about yourself, resume review, aptitude exam on the computer, personality exam on the computer. Management team doesn't seem to know much about technology considering they work in a technological place. The work area is disorganized and a lot of employees do what they want.

Interview Questions

• Personality exam is worded awkwardly, must pay attention because it is easy to fail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Center (Marietta, GA).

Interview

It was very simple. The interviewer asked me about my background and explained the responsibilities of the job. I went through 2 interviews total before I was offered the position. The second interview was the same as the first one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to calm down a upset customer. What steps did you take and how was the situation resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview. They asked everyone what we thought was the most important aspects of customer service. They asked about our experiences with good and bad customer service. We then had to take a computerized test to assess our knowledge of computers. I then had to have a separate interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• There was not really any unexpected question. Just be prepared that it is a real group interview. We even had to do some team assignment.   Answer Question