Micro Focus Interview Questions in Newbury, England | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I'd like to start by saying that I thought this interview process was fantastically well done and everybody involved was great. I was invited to their offices in Newbury where I had an interview of three parts:

First, I was tested on my technical skills by two lovely members of the development team. This was a couple of questions involving a bit of writing code on a white board but the guys made me feel really comfortable and weren't at all intimidating. I could see they were interested in how I was working through the problem, as opposed to how well I could recall information, which I really appreciate from an interview.

Second, I was questioned on my CV and past experiences by two more senior members of the development team. These men were also very accommodating and made me feel at ease. They were very informative and I feel I learnt a lot from them in terms of putting my own skills in to perspective. The questions were very general and based around parts of my CV that I chose to explain to them and wanted to talk about, I felt like it was a very enjoyable conversation (for the most part, I did regret picking a project to talk about on my CV that was a while ago, but I muddled through...).

Finally, I spoke to the lovely head of recruitment who made sure I was up to date with everything logistically and just made me feel really at home. She was incredibly friendly and made me feel like I'd known her for years. Overall, I got a really good impression of the company and would have loved to accept their offer! Unfortunately due to logistical reasons I had to decline but this was a very difficult decision for me. Would highly recommend.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st stage internal interview with HR, 2nd stage telephone interview with hiring manager. Positive, professional and efficient process. Talked through CV, very friendly and informal on both occasions. I got good feedback during the second interview and expected to get to final stage but unfortunately this did not occur and I am not fully clear why, which was a real shame as I felt that I could do the job and fit into the team

Human Resources Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Friendly and professional call from the recruiter, she sold Micro Focus to me in such a way that if I wasn't fully interested before I was by the end of the call. Had 3 telephone interviews in total with different people and then an in-person interview with 2 different people.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my knowledge and familiarity with the systems.   Answer Question

Information Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Long delays between stages but good technical interviews.

Note that this is NOT an Information Security Architect role but an Infrastructure Security implementation role specifically to implement Micro Focus' NetIQ internally. The job advert in LinkedIn (posted around mid-May-2016) and other sources is misleading. You will only get to know this at the second stage of the interview.

I am not of sure the strategy for this role, but if you are thinking of implementing strategic architecture (although the JD reads that way), you will, during the interview process, discover that it is not true.

They have visibility of this role only for two years or till NetIQ implementation is completed after which they have no visibility of architectural roles in Security.

Interview Questions

• Mainly previous experiences in the first stage and knowledge of compliance standards.

Expectations on hands-on abilities in Infrastructure implementation (specifically, NetIQ implementation) mentioned to me only in the second stage.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a phone interview invitation within 2 weeks. It was an easy, short - 30 minutes - technical interview, with questions about object-oriented programming, processes, threads, etc.

The phone interview was successful and I was invited for an on-site interview in their Newbury office. This interview consisted of 3 stages:
              - Technical interview (programming on a white board in your favorite language)
              - One-to-one interview based on your skills and experience
              - Short HR interview

I did not receive an offer, and they told me that the reason behind it is that they had candidates who were in their penultimate year of study, while I graduate in two years time from now.

Overall, my experience interviewing with Micro Focus was great. The staff members are very friendly, doing their best to establish a positive working atmosphere. Last but not least, they are willing to provide you with a feedback, no matter if you received an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm which visits all nodes of a binary tree.   1 Answer
    • Write an algorithm which sorts an Array of integers.   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Agent contacted me, 3 stage interview, 1st round phone, 2nd round technical on site, 3rd round Behaviur Personality

Interview Questions

• Spell check and dictionary implementation and computational efficiency.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

Very swift and efficient, HR functions well and were very availble to talk. Ended up having 4-5 interviews (due to senior Management's calendars) but the whole process was very worthwhile

Negotiation

Negotiation within reason is feasible

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Newbury, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

I ve just attended a technical phone interview with microfocus. I have applied for a graduate entry position.
    First round is technical phone interview.(30 mins)
    Second round is technical face to face interview(3 hrs @ their office)
    I am not sure about further rounds.
    I cleared the first round interview and they invited me for the second interview on next week. I wil post abt that interview later.

The interview lasted for 24 mins. It was a good experience.
    If u are attending a phone interview, prepare the basic questions like this.

All the Best!!!!!!!