Micro Focus QA Automation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me to Micro Focus. I sent him an email and received a call from the hiring managers early the next morning. We set up an interview for the following Tuesday. (a week later) I came in for that interview and interviewed with a number of people. I handled most of the questions well and enjoyed talking with the people I met. On the following Monday, I got another call about a second interview, which happened the next day. This interview was technically for a different position, but with different people from the same group. These interviews went quite well I thought. A day later I got a verbal offer. I then accepted the official offer that weekend.

All throughout the process, I was in contact with the highering managers and Scott Kesner from HR. Scott, in particular, was pleasant, friendly, and responsive. In fact, once or twice, he called at the just the right time as I was also looking at another job. He reminded me why I liked what I saw at Micro Focus. Ultimately, I accepted Micro Focus's offer even though it was somewhat less pay than the other job. I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked the fizzbuzz question. I hadn't heard that one before, but it was really quite simple. Its simplicity surprised me, but I guess it's a kind of smoke test.   1 Answer
  • I was also asked various other technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. I was satisfied with the offer, but I was also looking at other jobs. Scott was very accommodating as I reviewed my options.