MicroEdge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

MicroEdge Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroEdge

3.2

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MicroEdge in June 2013.

Interview

Did first phone interview went well.
    Got an aptitude test to take after that. It was timed and very hard. It said that you didn't need to answer every question.
    They reviewed my files but did not extend another interview to me.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroEdge (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Contacted me through email to set up a phone interview. I talked to HR for a little bit answering basic questions such as tell me about yourself and etc. I was then contacted by what I could tell as the head of HR and repeated a lot of questions and talked about the company some.

Contacted a few days later asking to take an online assessment which is about equivalent to an IQ test with some personality questions as well. This took about 2 hours and seemed a bit ridiculous.

Got setup for a technical phone interview with the project manager of the group. He asked a lot of Object Oriented concepts specific to C#.

Questions like:

What is inheritance, polymorphism, abstract class, virtual methods?

What is an interface and how does multiple inheritance work in C++ and C#?

Object vs. Class

Function overloading vs. Function overriding

I wasn't offered an onsite interview but beware that you retake the IQ test at their office from what I have read to ensure it was you who took it the first time.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't ready for OO questions specific to C# so I struggled more than I should have on those parts.   Answer Question

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MicroEdge (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I don't really consider this experience an actual "interview" but wanted to detail the experience for other candidates that are considering the company.

I applied for the position online and was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter to take a "robust personality and aptitude test, that helps us determine where you will best fit into our organization." I completed the test, which took roughly 2 hours. 4 days later I received a generic e-mail declining to pursue me as a candidate.

I can't comment on how relative the test is to any other of the companies positions, but for the specific position I applied for, the testing had no reference to any training, development, or facilitation competencies. Taking that into account, In my opinion, the testing is designed to provide a baseline of acceptable general aptitude for candidates, rather than actually help to determine where you will best fit into the organization. I think its important to understand that before you take the test.

TEST: The best way I can describe the testing is to relate it to standardized testing such as the SAT's. There is a mathematical reasoning section, consisting of business math, fractions, percentages, etc. A sequencing section, A shape relations section, current event knowledge section , business terminology section and then your standard personality sections. Be prepared for that type of battery of testing. Definitely take some time to review those ares before you take the test.

I'd like to note that I agree with pre-employment testing; when it contains material that has practical application with the position a candidate is applying for in addition to the general IQ questions. I think in certain situations it can really limit the introduction of high quality applicants to the candidate pool.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MicroEdge (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

I began working with MicroEdge in mid-May for a position with their Professional Services division. Communication early on was prompt and personal. I was invited to take an assessment and personality test from my computer at home. Following that, I was asked to have a phone interview with an HR Recruiter. The interview went well and was invited to speak to a Sr HR Recruiter in a different city. Following that interview, I was invited to conduct yet another phone interview with the director of the division in yet another city on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. I waited and waited for the call and it never came. Contacting any of the previous individuals I had already dealt with proved unsuccessful, so I waited over a long weekend; wondering what had happened. Someone finally got back to me on Wednesday, saying they were looking for someone with more implementation experience. Really? No one was going to tell me this? I had to ask myself why I hadn't been contacted? An HR recruiter encouraged me to pursue other positions within the company and, against my better judgment, I obliged. I had another series of phone interviews and was invited to come into the Minneapolis office to re-take the assessment test (yes, RE-TAKE) in person, apparently to ensure I hadn't "cheated" the first time at home. I also sat in a conference room by myself and had 3 more phone interviews with managers in New York. Nearly a month later, I was informed that they had gone with an internal candidate, but that I should take another look at the open positions and continue applying. No. Thanks.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroEdge.

Interview

The entire process is ludicrous. Be prepared for HR to send you an in depth skills/IQ/personality test that takes about 3 hours to complete. Then prepare for a phone interview with HR if based on your test results their Parent company, Vista Equities, deems you a "suitable candidate". Then prepare for the manager of whatever department you're applying with to schedule a phone interview. Then (again, depending on department) prepare for the manager to schedule an interview for you with a "senior member". THEN, after you've wasted all of your saved vacation hours, prepare for them to invite you on-site to RETAKE an hour long portion of the IQ test and then proceed to interview with every single team member.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate and they "forget" to mention salary until quite far along in the interview process. I provided my salary requirements to the HR contact early on when she asked. The next time I heard any talk of salary was when they offered me a position nearly 20% lower than my current salary.

Sales Interview

Interview

Difficult hiring process. Must take an aptitude test prior to even getting in the door

Interview Questions

• Must give a sample presentation prior to receiving an offer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroEdge in November 2013.

Interview

I received an initial response to take an online assessment within 1 business day of my application. This was followed with a recruiter phone screening, 2 phone interviews with relevant managers, an 1:1 in-person interview with a VP, and a role-playing call to assess my abilities as they related to the position.

Software Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroEdge (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

As has been mentioned here previously; they require that everyone take their on-line assessment which takes about 2 to 2-1/2 hours to complete. I totally abhor these types of tests but these days they seem to be a fact of life.
    Only feedback from them was an email; "At this time, we will not be moving forward with you as a candidate for the Software Sales Representative role".
    So be aware of the lengthy assessment.
    Also, today (Oct 3, 2011) I noticed the job post appear again on careerbuilder.com. Are you telling me that in all of Metro Atlanta they can not find a good fit for this position? Seems odd that in this market they could not find an individual for Software Sales to a specific vertical with limited competition working out of their home office with opportunity for 100k.

PS - I also noticed a company called Zywave using the almost exact job posting language (software sales to a different industry vertical than MicroEdge) and apparently using the same or similar assessment application.

Interview Questions

• 2 - 1/2 hour assessment on-line.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroEdge (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Two phones screens than a two hour onsite interview. I first interviewed with a recruiter in Chicago from the private equity firm that owned MicroEdge, it was a super easy, casual interview. Seemed most concerned with my salary requirements. I then interviewed over the phone with the HR Manager, then came onsite to meet with the Recruiter, Manger and CFO.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MicroEdge (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Review background and basic mathematical knowledge, then meet with their team and go through interview questions.