MicroStrategy Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
Skills testing
Hiring manager phone interview
Multiple in person interviews
Recruiter asked me prior to leaving if I would accept a position if offered, I found that odd because I did not think we were that far along.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A lot of calls. Initial with the recruiter, then a call with the hiring manager. Then an in person interview with multiple different hiring managers. Then brought back in for a presentation. Then brought back in to meet with another hiring manager. Then a call with the VP. Then a call with the head of sales.

Everything was all set, had a verbal offer - then they reached out and contacted my current place of employment. Even after they had sworn up and down they wouldn't do it. Absolutely unacceptable, and surprisingly unprofessional for a company that claims to be the bedrock of the BI world. If they act like this during the interview process, I'm glad that there was no offer at the end of the day - looks like I dodged a major bullet.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Went through a recruiter, so I was fast tracked to the initial phone screen with the hiring manager. From there, three additional interviews followed with SDs, VP, etc. Lots of hypothetical questions posed, huge on sales process, solution selling methodology, etc. Entire process took a month from initial interview to final offer. They use HireRight so don't fib your W2 earnings since they verify EVERYTHING.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very competitive offer. No need to negotiate!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly typical process: internal recruiter phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, second level manager phone interview, meet with hiring manager in person, phone interview with PS and SE mgt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the BI / Analytics domain at your customers? Tell me about a typical early customer engagement? Tell me about how you organize your week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Through the Employee referral program, , I met with hiring manager who discussed how team works, expectations, goals and selling methodologies. Discussed relationships I can bring to table. The company goals are measurable and easily attainable with right skills. Good company to work for and get experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your largest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in December 2009.

Interview

This is a very technically driven company, as opposed to sales focused. Decisions are made in Virginia and the field has little power to make important decisions about how to structure transactions. There appears to be little strategy beyond promoting the latest version of the software as having better features and ease of use. This is a very weak strategy for a company that is not growing it's customer base. It takes more than just a slightly better interface to displace competitors and force a decision on hundreds of thousands of dollars in CapEx.

Interview Questions

I didn't see any strategy that was compelling enough to believe in, just another mediocre tech company run out of the corporate office by people who know nothing about how to sell solutions to their customers.