MicroStrategy Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Associate Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Found the review via a posting on my school career site. Applied by sending in my resume and received an on campus interview. Interview was fairly smooth, just discussed the potential of being a player in the big data market and how relevant it was at this time. Had an on site interview at HQ which was also all behavioral. Process took about 2 weeks total.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

I initially had a skype interview through my university. I was selected for an in-person interview and was given several different dates to choose from. When I arrived at their building, there was a lunch and 2 hour long interviews. The majority of the time in each of the interviews was spent me asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult - very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume to school's online career system, received on-campus interview a week later. OCI was mostly informational and a general resume run-through. Was invited to in-person interview in Tyson's Corner about a week later.

Onsite interview consisted of a building tour, two 1-hour one-on-one interviews with managers, and a lunch presentation by the head of the university recruiting program.

Overall, the two interviewers had a little bit of a good cop/bad cop routine going. The first was very stern and followed his lines of questioning to extremes, stressing the difficulty of boot camp, while the second barely asked me any questions and was more intent on selling MicroStrategy to me. Two weeks later, I received a generous offer.

The whole process was straighforward, in my opinion, and few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Boot camp will require a lot of rapid-paced learning; why do you think you are capable of keeping up?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting. I was invited for an interview in person at my school within a week or so, and it was very straightforward. I was asked questions like how does one build credibility in a team, what type of customer service experience do you have.
    Within a week, I was invited for on-site interviews in McLean, VA. The interviews were again straightforward with no technical questions. One manager seemed to be looking to see if I could work independently, as he emphasized MicroStrategy consulstants will often be alone on projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experience good customer service and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Warsaw (Poland)) in April 2014.

Interview

1 - phone call
    2 - live HR interview + analytical test + very basic SQL test -- very easy, nothing to bother
    3 - live manager interview -- again, really easy going talk, very friendly
    But the most important thing is bootcamp through the first 6 weeks of work. You need to pass all the exams during it and it seems to be most challenging. If you don't pass, you're out. Simple as that. That's the period where they really test your capabilities to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations possible I think.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was easy and simple. Sent a CV to HR, after two weeks I got an e-mail invitation from the HR team. It was actually 2 meetings, with two junior HR girls and another one with the senior one. It was a general talk about BI and databases (the ladies were very nice and friendly, they did a basic check of BI/DB check). My CV was sent to the GDC manager. The second meeting was strange. I was called while at work with a very short notice (did not bother me). I entered the manager office in my working outfit, that was dirty. I did not remember the position name and had an argument about DB naming conventions... Manager was a pro, he didn't like me from the start and still hired me.
    After a few days I got a contract on my e-mail. It was twice what I made in previous job, so I didn't even think about negotiations. Accepted the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There was a general discussion about DB/BI conepts. No real questions or answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate your salary. The first promotion may take some time to come, so the more you get at the begining, the better. If MicroStrategy sent you a contract, they are interested. Try to get few bucks extra.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2012.

Interview

Microstrategy worked quickly from the time I started the process at a college recruiting work until my second-round interview on-site. The recruiting team was friendly. The interview process, though, seemed a little too short. It consisted of a first-round interview on campus, during which the recruiter for the Associate Consultant position did 90% of the talking, and then two 45-minute interviews during the second-round/on-site interview. Also, I was hoping to be able to meet some current consultants or some new college hires that were in "boot camp" currently, but we only got to see HR and corporate. The entire interview process seemed a little too easy for me.

Interview Questions

• Say you're on a circular racetrack that's one mile circumference. You want to do two laps with an average speed of 60 mph. Let's say you do the first lap at 30 mph. How fast do you have to do the second lap to make sure your average mph is 60 at the end of two laps?   4 Answers
    • If you had a superpower, what would it be?   Answer Question

Amount of travel required for job. Location in Tysons Corner isn't ideal for me.