MicroStrategy Associate Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MicroStrategy

3.5

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

The process included a preliminary phone screen, 4 assessments, followed by a post-call with HR. Upon completing these preliminary steps, the process carried on with a phone interview with a manager, a second phone interview with a vice president, and two final presentations that were given to vice presidents on-site.

Being honest, this was a hard, thorough process that, in my opinion, was very drawn out. Overall, the associate SE position is very unique, and I understand the heavy vetting, but it was a stressful process. However, everyone was incredibly nice and the interviews themselves weren't difficult which made the process worth it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews. Each phone interview was about 45 mins long and they ask sales-type questions like "sell me this" or "tell me you opinion on driverless cars." Be sure to ask a lot of questions back to them before you answer to get a sense of what they're looking for. After phone interviews I went on-site and have two 30 minute presentations, one where I try to "sell" the university I attended and the major I chose, the other giving a demo of a MicroStrategy dashboard I created. They definitely asked some tough questions to make sure you're prepared for being challenged. I didn't get the job but everyone was very constructive with their feedback and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three benefits of driverless cars?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to influence a large group to get something done.   Answer Question