MicroStrategy Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Development Representative

MicroStrategy Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward and easy interview process. I went through a recruiter who set the whole thing up. First part of the process was a phone interview with my future boss which lasted about 20 minutes and then he asked me to come in for an in-person interview.

The sit down interview lasted probably 30 minutes and was a great chance for both myself and the interviewer to get to know each other to see if the job would be a mutual fit. The questions I was asked were pretty standard, with the interviewer asking about my background and why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. There was also plenty of opportunity for me to ask the interviewer questions about the position, company, compensation, etc. Overall a low stress process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

it was quick and easy if you have a good background in software sales. I honestly thought their would have been more of a technical qualification process but it was mostly about previous work experience. fist step is a phone interview with the HR department and then they ask some simply questions about past work experience and general questions about the industry. Next step you go in for a face to face with the hiring managers. If you pass and get managements approval then you are hired pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• it was pretty standard process and i do not remember any curve balls   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty simple, took about 1 month. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Each one took about 20-30 minutes. Questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process was quick and straight forward consisting of several phone conversations and face to face interviews over a short period of time. Take the time to review the Website, specifically the Customer testimonials. This will help out during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick and painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

Initially it was supposed to be a panel of three people but one of them was late. It turned into a two on one then a one on one with the late interviewer. Also, one of the interviewers was vaping during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Was given an online assessment: consisting of high school level content. If you can't pass this, you shouldn't be working at this company.
    3) Phone interview with HR
    4) Phone interview with the head BD manager
    5) In-person interview: all of them showed up late. Eventually 1 of them showed up, and a couple minutes later the 2nd one showed up. 3rd interviewer never showed.

Basic open-ended interview questions, such as "why do you want to work here" - "what do you know about technology sales" - "what do you know about the company" - "what drives you"

These guys interview a lot of people, so avoid using cookie-cutter responses. Always be genuine. Research the Glassdoor reviews for your position at this company before you decide you want to work for this company. Dress professionally. Suit pants, dress shoes, tie, dress shirt. Suit jacket if you want.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they offered a base salary higher than expected and I accepted within 48 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA).

Interview

Applied and was sent 4 different assessments to take (Math, Logic, Graphs). After that I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter and a sales manager. I was invited for an on-site interview with 6 different people 30 minutes each. It's been well over a month and I have not heard one single word back. I guess at Microstrategy, silence is an answer in its self. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

screening calls, 3 tests, English, business and analytical, interview with the head of teams and you never hear back, they didn't like my age and basically said I'm overqualified. The recruiter doesn't bother following up or answering your questions after dozens of hours invested

Interview Questions

• typical sales questions, they tell you how much the job sucks, even if you have great rebuttals, nothing will work, the company is not doing great financially, I learned that higher-ups are quitting and Tableau has way better reviews and market reputation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

I had an initial call with a recruiter and she asked basic questions as to what I’m looking for in my next role and objectives. She then told me I had to take a pass/fail assessment in order to come in for an in person interview. The assessment consisted of a business analyst test, a writing analyst test, and a mathematical analyst test. The math test was actually quite difficult for an entry level position for BDR. I would definitely study questions for it. They’re also tricky and they really challenge you and try to trick you on the questions asked and they’re pretty irrelevant to the job role. I went in for an in person interview at Tyson’s and interviewed with 3 different BD managers. They asked a lot about my goals and asked me to pitch a product to them on the spot. It’s 100-150 calls a day (cold calling) and from their explanation the don’t hire in house for a lot of higher level positions which can prevent you from moving up. They’re looking for years on a resume and not so much performance. I’m currently an account rep for a high level IT company and they said my qualifications weren’t competitive enough in a generic email they sent as a follow up which is silly considering I have way more experience than BDR’s and have managed a territory. I also assumed this role would be more high level development/marketing than just cold calling as well. The overall experience was okay I expected a lot more from a high tech company like micro strategy and suggest anyone that has experience managing an account/territory try elsewhere. To be an account executive here they hire outside the company for the majority of the time and making 150 cold calls a day for at least 2 years can be so mundane unless you’re right out of college trying to just get a foot in the door. It also seems like they have a high turnover rate as they said the longest they expect you in this role is 2 years before you leave or possibly become a customer succes rep which is just managing renewals.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect out of this role?   1 Answer