MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2018

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Mostly questions about systems experience, data analytics and work with excel. Questions about what you know regarding Microstrategy and their work with software. Short intervie consisisting of fifteen-twenty minutes. Spoke with a global analyst within their company regarding the future options regarding career direction within Microstrategy

Interview Questions

• What equations have you used in excel? Tell me about your experience with CRMs?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school career website and online. The first round was an on-campus technical. Next, I received a HackerRank with multiple choice and coding questions. Finally, I was invited to an on-site interview which consisted of 3 parts (technical, project presentation, behavioral).

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews. Each phone interview was about 45 mins long and they ask sales-type questions like "sell me this" or "tell me you opinion on driverless cars." Be sure to ask a lot of questions back to them before you answer to get a sense of what they're looking for. After phone interviews I went on-site and have two 30 minute presentations, one where I try to "sell" the university I attended and the major I chose, the other giving a demo of a MicroStrategy dashboard I created. They definitely asked some tough questions to make sure you're prepared for being challenged. I didn't get the job but everyone was very constructive with their feedback and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three benefits of driverless cars?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to influence a large group to get something done.   Answer Question

Senior Microstrategy Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online job portal and got a call from one of their recruiters. After initial screening with the recruiter, my profile was sent forward for online test. This test has 4 different assessments - Design, Business, Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
    Once they received the test results, I got a phone interview scheduled. It went for 30 - 40 mins.
    Then I was called for onsite interview - had 30 mins interview sessions with 6 different people.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Applied and was sent 4 different assessments to take (Math, Logic, Graphs). After that I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter and a sales manager. I was invited for an on-site interview with 6 different people 30 minutes each. It's been well over a month and I have not heard one single word back. I guess at Microstrategy, silence is an answer in its self. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Listen to all of the reviews here. It's going to be long and tedious process. Lots of standardized questions and many online quizzes. Technical interviews are standard and were fair game. However, after 2 months and over 9 combined interviews, I feel as if I could've put my effort into a search somewhere else.

Listen to the other reviews here. It's a long process, and it may not be worth it at the end. Proceed at your own risk.

Interview Questions

• What are the runtimes/optimizations for the following algorithms? Create your own algorithm for the Game of Life.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

I interviewed with staffing and the outcome of the interview was that i complete and submit aptitude tests which took over an hour in total time. Once the tests were submitted, I reached back out to my staffing contact on several occasions through varying communication mediums and received no response whatsoever. Having invested the time in interviewing and taking the tests, i would expect as a courtesy that the folks in staffing acknowledge my communications and provide a status through the process... I'm still waiting for a call back - not holding my breath. Bad experience

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Email contact, had to take 4 assessment tests including one which was mostly SAT-style math word problems and sales test for a director-level marketing position. It is something I might expect for an entry-level position but not for a position requiring more than 10 years of experience and a proven track record. Several emails to the HR contact and no response. I would have expected at least a "I'm sorry, we are going with another candidate." form letter.

Interview Questions

• "The sales revenue for a certain store was $100,000 in May. The breakdown of the sales is graphed in the image below. By which of the following amounts does the sales from the Other category need to increase in order to equal the average revenue of all four categories?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Phone interview 1, online test HackerRand, Phone interview 2.
    The interviewer is nice and asked about your work experience, and some basic Java and Python questions. Totally speaking, this is a nice interview and I am waiting for the next round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was very quick, they scheduled me for a phone screen and I accepted. The phone call started fine, but after I mentioned my skills and the various projects I have worked on, the interviewer challenged my capabilities by belittling my achievements. "Look, I really want to show you to our technical team, but you haven't shown me that you know anything about programming. You have not shown me that you have technical skills." Bear in mind, I had brought up my experiences will C++, Java, Python, object oriented structures/methodologies, packet analysis, front-end and backend processes, RESTful APIs, various operating systems, etc... The caller pressed that although she was a recruiter, she had "a degree in computer science" and that "based on your (my) capabilities I do not see how you can claim to have the experiences you have had." I was appalled, but she said she would set me up with a programming exercise so the team could evaluate me further. I declined to continue.

Note to HR -- don't belittle your candidates and their capabilities. It does not set a good precedent. If you aren't getting the questions you want answered in the way you want them to, then rephrase them instead of accusing talented people that they "know nothing."

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are a programmer?   1 Answer