MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Call with internal recruiter. It was a really negative call and an absolute waste of time for two adult professionals. I found the call to be negative and a complete turn off. As someone who is currently evaluating this product as a buyer and reached out due to interest - I highly doubt I will look further if this is the type of interaction a person has with this firm.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had success?   1 Answer
    • Q: They asked about turnover and multiple roles   3 Answers
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by a recruiting coordinator, who set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After that, I had a lengthy phone interview with an executive, and was selected to interview in person after a series of online competency assessments. The in-person interviews took about 4 hours with 3 different interviewers, as well as time with the recruiter. I wasn't overly impressed with the planning or flow - everything seemed a bit haphazard. In addition, one executive seemed to be interviewing me for a different job than the other two. I had heard some negative assessments of MicroStrategy prior to the interview process, but gave them the benefit of the doubt when agreeing to interview for the position. However, I think most of the observations are generally accurate in that the environment seems a bit chaotic and disjointed, and the negative view of the CEO perceived by the public is generally shared by the employees. That this was obvious to me in an interview is a bit of a red flag.

After the in-person interviews, I didn't hear from the recruiter for over a week and a half, though I did follow-up with him on my end. When he did eventually reach out to me, he informed me that they end up deciding to "downgrade" the position and promote someone within. This didn't bother me that much in all honestly, because I had already accepted another offer and wouldn't have considered one from MicroStrategy had it been given. Seems like a good product, but poorly managed.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer asked a series of more behavioral type questions than technical questions.
    There is nothing else to add to this interview.. It was very brief. It ended nicely. I have since received several other calls from them to apply for other positions within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any regrets traveling 100% for my job.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got into microstrategy from contracting company. Took a couple of weeks of back and forth communication. First: phone screen with contracting company. Second: face to face with contracting company they will review your resume and give you tips. Third: if contracting company thinks you are a good fit they will recommend you for Microstrategy interview for the team you will be working with. Forth: face to face with Microstrategy, I interviewed with 4 different people in the sales team and spend 2 hours in HQ.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions, to see how you would respond to situations. Not difficult, just make sure you do your research on Microstrategy : what they do, and maybe research few of their customers. Also come prepared with questions to ask the manager, one of my interviews was just me asking him questions because he wanted to see what i had learned and see if i had paid attention during my last 3 interviews before him. They will ask you a lot of questions about your resume to be prepared to back up your skills and your words in your resume. "What is something you don't like in management. " "what questions do you have for me" "What does microstrategy do" "since you worked with trade how do you feel about this trade agreement"   1 Answer

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Emailing the HR rep about dates available to talk, over the phone talk with HR about resume and job requirements that took about 20-30 minutes. Did a over the phone interview with one of the project managers a couple days later. Asked specific questions about my resume and brain teasers at the end. Asked specific questions about SQL and customer service requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself not on the resume. Specific questions about your resume. What is good customer service, what is bad customer service, situation about customer service when in a bind. Brain teasers: number sequence, and microwaving coffee   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a 15-20 minute phone call, then on to the hiring manager for an hour. I was asked to make a list of accounts in the territory that I would want to cover if I got the job. Many were large companies that MicroStrategy wasn't in. I passed that test and had a 30 minute call with the new RVP of sales. They went silent after that despite my repeated attempts to contact them for updates and expressing my interest in the position. A simple, courteous "no" would have sufficed. They have a lot of turn-over in the sales group (third-party recruiters chuckle at this). They hired a new women EVP of sales that is tasked with cleaning house, so the turn-over continues. But this time, it's claimed, they are trying to "upgrade" the sales team! This included hiring people from SAP, etc.

I was told that their new go-to-market strategy was to give away some software that is Tableau-esque in order to hurt the competition. And they are also winning smaller deals with their new mobile platform product which they claim is pretty slick (so is the competition's). So, I was confused because I thought they were an enterprise class software package. I concluded that they are going down market, or at least with a land and expand approach, which I find most companies are doing. If that's the case, then why would you need to hire people from SAP, or people like me?

They had also contacted my references before getting to the finals, which I thought was inappropriate. I would prefer to use my former leadership and customer contacts at the end of the process before the offer. I don't want them to be contacted superfluously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large deal you closed.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, had a couple rounds of phone interviews which ask general behavioral questions then a brain teaser at the end of each interview. Then, they invited me for an on-site interview where you talk to some of the leads of the team with brainteaser as well as a project presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container how can you get exactly 4 gallons of water?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by contractor, quick process. Recruiting agency found my resume from Monster.com and contacted me for my language skills. Was hired pretty quickly, phone interviewed by recruiter then was contacted by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary!

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Took the interview in April 2016.Went through a referal. First round was with HR then after few days they scheduled a phone screen. On the same day they conveyed the results and they scheduled the Onsite interview a week later.
    Onsite Interview: 3 people interviewed for 45 min each back to back
     Entire process took 3-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• First round was HR calling us and asking all about our background and he explained some benefits of the company and he asked few questions like whether I was doing automation or Regression testing
      Few days later they scheduled Phone Screen. It was all asking about the previous company experience and few questions like if I give you a login log out application what are your test cases for it. How to locate an element using selenium webdriver? and One brain teaser in the end like
      "You have two buckets. One holds exactly five gallons and the other three gallons. How can you measure exactly four gallons of water into the five gallon bucket"   1 Answer
    • Onsite Interview: 3 people interviewed for 45 min each back to back
      They asked me questions like ' tell me about yourself', 'three good and bad things your manager would tell about you' 'what are your strengths and weakness'   1 Answer
    • Square root of 2 = ? and how did you get the anser   Answer Question
    • Write selenium code for login page , write selenium code to search google for any website(which they give) and then click on that particular site   Answer Question
    • write a program to find factorial of a number using recursive and non recursive methods
      what is the last digit of 2007 power 2007   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are one HR interview, two technical phone screen interviews, and then onsite interviews. The HR and software engineer interviewees are very knowledgeable and smart. I get the impression that they are professional. I am still in the interview process, so I have not been offered employment yet..

Interview Questions

• Computer science knowledge and concepts, data structures, algorithms.   Answer Question