MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA).

Interview

Was greeted and seated after having to download one of their apps to enter the building...ok. Interviewers were late and disorganized, save one who was more senior. A younger engineer who interviewed told me that they "hadn't had a woman in this position before." He said he assumed I was interviewing for a Marketing position, and asked me to send him a sample of my writing. Needless to say, I never sent one. I also didn't send thank you notes or check on how the interview had gone with my HR contact. The atmosphere there was bizarre, so I crossed the company off of my list.

Interview Questions

• Send me a sample of your writing.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, Recruiter email/ call for 30 mins, phone interview with a technical lead, onsite interview with 3 persons 45 min each and office tour. Phone interview and onsite interview are of same pattern - your resume, questions about the company and brain teaser questions

Interview Questions

• Phone interview :

1.You bought a cake for a friend’s birthday and there are 8 guests. How do you cut the cake into 8 pieces with 3 cuts.

2. You’ve got someone working for you for seven days and a gold bar( seven parts put together- blocks) to pay them. You must pay the worker for their work at the end of every day. If you are only allowed to make two breaks in the gold bar, how do you pay your worker? (Assuming equal amount of work is done during each day thus requiring equal amount of pay for each day)

3. There are 5 bottles of pills, one bottle has fake pills which weigh less than original pills. Original pills weigh 1mg each and fake pills weigh 0.9mg. You are given a weigh scale which is equipped to weigh the exact difference, you can use it only once and find the fake pills.

Onsite interview:

1. Below are a series of numbers, what is the series order

8, 5, 4, 9, 1, 7, 6, 10, 3, 2, 0

2. After the answer to the first question -Where do you place 11 into the series

3. 62-63=1 move one number anywhere to balance the equation

4. Below are few numbers, can you write the next line

1 1

2 1

1 2 1 1

1 1 1 2 2 1

Clues : Each line is dependent on the line above. Each line is a sentence.
      2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly typical process: internal recruiter phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, second level manager phone interview, meet with hiring manager in person, phone interview with PS and SE mgt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the BI / Analytics domain at your customers? Tell me about a typical early customer engagement? Tell me about how you organize your week?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an job interview with Microstrategy. Phone screening interview with hiring manager and onsite interview with team members were fine, but the hiring process took forever. Right after onsite interview, I was notified that the company would make me an offer and told about the start date. For whatever reason, the start day was delayed and I had to wait for three weeks without any confirmation. I followed up with hr person via email and she said I would receive the all the documents soon. I never doubted the company would rescind the offer. However, after three weeks I was told that the position would be filled internally. During the waiting period, I turned down several offers from other companies. Now, I have to start job search again.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had two rounds of phone interview(one by hr, one by ux lead), one take-home design exercise, one round of on-site interview, the on-site interview was 4 hours. I was interviewed by 2 designers, present to the design team, two VPs.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

applied online, was contacted by email for a phone screen a few days later. phone screen with recruiter was about 30 minutes. they asked fairly standard questions: why are you interested in the position, tell me about yourself, etc. After the phone screen received no response.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

1. HR Recruiter call
    2. Phone interview
    3. On-site interview

The interviewers were very helpful in answer questions that I had about the company and how the company has grown since they have joined. They asked me some technical questions at understand what my skill level was at. Some SQL and networking questions were asked.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Long about 5 interviews over 2-3 months, general experience , technical knowledge , data modeling, bi related questions and communication skillset, travel requirements, background checking. I was referred by an employee, got a phone screening first by several team members from different locations, some where standard 10 questions and others were more communicative with Q&A, everybody seemed excited of the company at a that time, passing boot camp was a condition of employment .

Interview Questions

• General experience, behavoral, one difficult project, one achievement, technical knowledge modeling , databases, SQL   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

1: phone screen
    2: written test, like in school, write algorithm, pseudocode, solve math puzzle in paper.
    3: written test with a person, so explain your solution to a face to face interview
    4: show demo of your work to senior manager
    5: go to lunch with a manager and have informal conversation

Interview Questions

• interesting questions regarding algorithms and puzzle   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First round is HR interview. Second round is the phone interview with a design manager. Third round is onsite interviews. It's quite standard. No design exercise is needed. The onsite interviews consists of meetings with both designers and PMs. PMs asked more questions related to projects, how designers can collaborate with them and engineers.