MicroStrategy Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Interview Questions in McLean, VA

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

BD Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

DEMAND to take the test before talking to anyone. Strung me along made it sound like I had the job scheduled me to come in for the offer and called an hour before saying the position was filled. Position wasn't filled I failed the math section of a test for a sales position after being recognized and told by 3 managers that I was more qualified than some of the employees on their team and they were excited for me to be able to teach and help establish best practices. Didn't even have the respect to call me themselves. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL way of going about things.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the university for the first round. They focused on my software experience, skills, and customer service experience, and ended with an analytical question. It took approximately 45 minutes.

For the second round, I was brought to the headquarters and had three interviews. One was an analytical/technical interview, one was a presentation on a project I gave, and one was an interview with HR. Overall, it was a positive interview experience

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a project that you have worked on in the past year?   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA).

Interview

Was greeted and seated after having to download one of their apps to enter the building...ok. Interviewers were late and disorganized, save one who was more senior. A younger engineer who interviewed told me that they "hadn't had a woman in this position before." He said he assumed I was interviewing for a Marketing position, and asked me to send him a sample of my writing. Needless to say, I never sent one. I also didn't send thank you notes or check on how the interview had gone with my HR contact. The atmosphere there was bizarre, so I crossed the company off of my list.

Interview Questions

• Send me a sample of your writing.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an job interview with Microstrategy. Phone screening interview with hiring manager and onsite interview with team members were fine, but the hiring process took forever. Right after onsite interview, I was notified that the company would make me an offer and told about the start date. For whatever reason, the start day was delayed and I had to wait for three weeks without any confirmation. I followed up with hr person via email and she said I would receive the all the documents soon. I never doubted the company would rescind the offer. However, after three weeks I was told that the position would be filled internally. During the waiting period, I turned down several offers from other companies. Now, I have to start job search again.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews with HR and technical in person interview with team lead and project manager. HR asked me about my resume where im trying to go with career and salary. I came in for an interview with the team leads so they could ask me questions on windows server and if they thought i would be a good fit for the team. I was going to be a more junior engineer and what they really wanted was someone who was very motivated and willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• experience with active directory   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Questions

• What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA).

Interview

Submitted my resume for on-campus recruiting. Got an interview with Senior SQ Engineer on campus. He asked a couple of brain teasers and basic questions about your resume. Was invited for an on-site interview that I could schedule at my convenience. Really appreciated their flexibility and my HR contact was very fast to always respond to my emails and to coordinate everything. She was also very honest and straightforward throughout the whole process. The on-site interview consisted of 3 back to back interview with engineers. At the end I was told that they wanted me to see another person. If they go off schedule and want you to see more people than originally scheduled, I believe you can take that as a good sign that they really like you. The Engineers asked a lot of brain teasers, most of which you can find on this website. If you're serious about your job search you should also do a google search on "job interview brain teasers" and "job interview puzzles" and familiarize yourself with all the basic logic questions. That's what I did and I was pretty well prepared for this aspect of the interview. If you're a smart person they'll see thru you and like you, so don't be afraid to talk about your thought process as much as possible. Be honest and show enthusiasm, everyone wants to work with a happy, excited to be there person. I was told that I'd hear something back in two weeks. About two weeks and a couple of days later, I was sent via e-mail an offer letter which I think is very generous.

Interview Questions

• A very hard brain teaser that requires creativity. You don't necessarily have to get the right answer, but you have to come up with some intelligent ways of tackling the problem. Don't be afraid to talk about your thought process, even if it's not right.   2 Answers

Negotiation

This was an entry-level position so I don't think it is negotiable. I did not try to negotiate as I did not get the impression that this is an option with them.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

it was quick and easy if you have a good background in software sales. I honestly thought their would have been more of a technical qualification process but it was mostly about previous work experience. fist step is a phone interview with the HR department and then they ask some simply questions about past work experience and general questions about the industry. Next step you go in for a face to face with the hiring managers. If you pass and get managements approval then you are hired pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• it was pretty standard process and i do not remember any curve balls   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard only got through with 2 phone interviews. Was contacted by the recruiting manager after she saw my resume on monster. Seemed really interested in having me work there. Then after about two weeks of phone tag I got the sorry we're not sorry email. Not sure why she contacted me if she didnt want me to come in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing really unexpected just asked why I was looking to leave the company I was with   Answer Question