MicroStrategy Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through an outside recruiter who interviewd me via phone. They then set up a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then given an online IQ test. The third step was to go onsite for 3 interviews with three different sales managers for 45 min utes each.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Morris, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone different phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter. The next step was to answer an online test. The second interview was with a hiring manager. The next step was to go to their offices for face to face interviews. While onsite, I had 3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a 15-20 minute phone call, then on to the hiring manager for an hour. I was asked to make a list of accounts in the territory that I would want to cover if I got the job. Many were large companies that MicroStrategy wasn't in. I passed that test and had a 30 minute call with the new RVP of sales. They went silent after that despite my repeated attempts to contact them for updates and expressing my interest in the position. A simple, courteous "no" would have sufficed. They have a lot of turn-over in the sales group (third-party recruiters chuckle at this). They hired a new women EVP of sales that is tasked with cleaning house, so the turn-over continues. But this time, it's claimed, they are trying to "upgrade" the sales team! This included hiring people from SAP, etc.

I was told that their new go-to-market strategy was to give away some software that is Tableau-esque in order to hurt the competition. And they are also winning smaller deals with their new mobile platform product which they claim is pretty slick (so is the competition's). So, I was confused because I thought they were an enterprise class software package. I concluded that they are going down market, or at least with a land and expand approach, which I find most companies are doing. If that's the case, then why would you need to hire people from SAP, or people like me?

They had also contacted my references before getting to the finals, which I thought was inappropriate. I would prefer to use my former leadership and customer contacts at the end of the process before the offer. I don't want them to be contacted superfluously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large deal you closed.   1 Answer