MicroStrategy Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 17, 2017

BD Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

DEMAND to take the test before talking to anyone. Strung me along made it sound like I had the job scheduled me to come in for the offer and called an hour before saying the position was filled. Position wasn't filled I failed the math section of a test for a sales position after being recognized and told by 3 managers that I was more qualified than some of the employees on their team and they were excited for me to be able to teach and help establish best practices. Didn't even have the respect to call me themselves. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL way of going about things.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the university for the first round. They focused on my software experience, skills, and customer service experience, and ended with an analytical question. It took approximately 45 minutes.

For the second round, I was brought to the headquarters and had three interviews. One was an analytical/technical interview, one was a presentation on a project I gave, and one was an interview with HR. Overall, it was a positive interview experience

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a project that you have worked on in the past year?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Vienna, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very nice experience. Two round phone interviews. On-site with 4 people including a tour of the company. Basic concept questions like multi-threading, Java core and some algorithm questions. 1 week after I received oral offer and the official offer came 1 week after. The whole process is within 1 month, very efficient.

Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I was invited to an on grounds interview at the university of virginia. The interview was very discouraging and I did not enjoy the interview. It seemed as if the company was not enjoyable to work at. I was asked mainly behavioral questions regarding customer service at the beginning of the interview and a few difficult technical questions towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you fix this equation so it is mathematicall correct only moving one digit. 62-63=1   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA).

Interview

Was greeted and seated after having to download one of their apps to enter the building...ok. Interviewers were late and disorganized, save one who was more senior. A younger engineer who interviewed told me that they "hadn't had a woman in this position before." He said he assumed I was interviewing for a Marketing position, and asked me to send him a sample of my writing. Needless to say, I never sent one. I also didn't send thank you notes or check on how the interview had gone with my HR contact. The atmosphere there was bizarre, so I crossed the company off of my list.

Interview Questions

• Send me a sample of your writing.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an job interview with Microstrategy. Phone screening interview with hiring manager and onsite interview with team members were fine, but the hiring process took forever. Right after onsite interview, I was notified that the company would make me an offer and told about the start date. For whatever reason, the start day was delayed and I had to wait for three weeks without any confirmation. I followed up with hr person via email and she said I would receive the all the documents soon. I never doubted the company would rescind the offer. However, after three weeks I was told that the position would be filled internally. During the waiting period, I turned down several offers from other companies. Now, I have to start job search again.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

1. HR Recruiter call
    2. Phone interview
    3. On-site interview

The interviewers were very helpful in answer questions that I had about the company and how the company has grown since they have joined. They asked me some technical questions at understand what my skill level was at. Some SQL and networking questions were asked.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process was quick and straight forward consisting of several phone conversations and face to face interviews over a short period of time. Take the time to review the Website, specifically the Customer testimonials. This will help out during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick and painless

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews with HR and technical in person interview with team lead and project manager. HR asked me about my resume where im trying to go with career and salary. I came in for an interview with the team leads so they could ask me questions on windows server and if they thought i would be a good fit for the team. I was going to be a more junior engineer and what they really wanted was someone who was very motivated and willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• experience with active directory   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Vienna, VA).

Interview

First a phone interview about your background. After a week another interview about the projects and work you have done, also some brain teasers.