Microchip Technology Interview Questions in Chandler, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a scheduled phone call session with Principal Product Engineer where an exchange of information was done. Later, other managers interviewed through the phone. I was explained what all tasks (typical analog validation) I have to do when I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was regarding my Resume. They asked about my projects and past experience.   Answer Question
    • How good are you in LabVIEW? What are repeatability and Reproducibility?   Answer Question

Ncg Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR with behavioral questions, then had an all day interview with other engineers who had a lot of technical questions. Went to lunch with manager and his co-workers mid-day. Very nice environment

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Hour long interview. The interviewer was uninterested in resume and only wanted me to answer technical questions for an hour. the interview was very nice and helpful with difficult questions. I was given a sheet of paper to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write VHDL for D Flip Flop
      Implement Cmos transistors to make an inverter

NCG Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard 6 hour interview with one HR round and close to 6 technical rounds. Basic questions about ADC's, op amps, filters, architecture of a microcontroller and some basic C programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How does malloc work and what is the difference between malloc and calloc. Also how to realize an 2-input AND gate using a 2x1 multiplexer   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR department scheduled a phone interview which took about 15 minutes very basic questions. Went in for a formal interview (it was a two person panel). lasted about 45 minutes very straight forward questions. The panel was very friendly and were very knowledgeable. The interview was very causal as well.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have pertaining to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing negative about the interview process

NCG - Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard five hour interview with lunch and hr round. There were five people in the interview team.
    Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Prepare your resume well along with job description.

Interview Questions

• Basic Verilog and CMOS digital design
      Device Physics
      How to remove hazards related to glitches

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted recruiter through linked in. Got a mail to schedule phone interview. Got a call from manager and the interview lasted for 30 minutes. Was questioned about basic technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions. Questions about microcontrollers, basic verilog questions.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

I was attended the career fair set up by microchip at April. Before getting there, I already send my resume to this manager, so at that day after he saw my resume, he briefly went through it and then gave me a quick interview. I was asked 10-15 questions and the interview is about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some details in my resume first and then the manager asked me some basic questions about post silicon test, such as how to select which spec is critical when there are too many specs waiting to test?
      other questions:
      1.SVM
      2.ADC test
      3.microprocessor
      4.block diagram transistor
      5.why testing takes long time?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email in 2 weeks asking me to schedule a phone interview. First round was on phone with 2 employees. It was very good talking to them. They had a list of questions to be asked and the phone interview took an hour. 2 weeks later they scheduled an onsite interview. This process was very long and took the entire day. Met different people from different teams. Got to know more about the company, the job. I was given a scenario and asked to draw a process flow diagram. There was an aptitude test also which contained a riddle type questions, some questions from SQL and pseudo code to be written. Final round was HR round where I was explained the benefits and they asked me to wait for my results.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.   1 Answer

Web Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview, that then broke out to a couple of individual interviews with the manager / director of the department. Then it went back to the HR person for normal interview questions.