Microchip Technology Interview Questions in Chandler, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Overall...way over done with too many minute detail question on common design practices. Some interviewers were not literate in my area of expertise and had to be taught on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe clock domain crossings vsnd how to handle them?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

There were two interview sessions after having my application accepted. The first interview was with a representative form HR. It was brief, 15 min. The second was about 1 hour, this was with the Accounts Payable Supervisor and the Finance Senior/ Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• When were you asked to do something that you've never done before?
      When did you have a hard time working with someone?   Answer Question

Technical Writer/Translator Interview

Application

Interview

Not PC. I had one of the "team" interviewers ask me if I had any strong religious beliefs. Really? Then I had one "team" member tell me that I would be bored working in this capacity but they have been doing it for more than 20 years. This was the strangest interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any strong religious beliefs?   1 Answer

Test Chip Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Talked to four engineers all from different departments. Was shown the lab, and was asked questions mostly about my projects. Was also asked a few technical questions as well. The whole process took about half a day.

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of people on the team. They asked me questions about information from my resume and some basic technical questions such as gate operation and some coding questions. Then I was asked questions about the products that they are handling so that they got a feel for how familiar I was with the technology that they were dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or in a team.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview (About 35 minutes).
    Few weeks later, a full day (about 7 hours) on-site interview was setup. Full day interview was divided into following.
    1) 30 mins interview with HR
    2) 1:1 with Hiring Manager
    3) 1:1 with Sr.Manager
    4) Workflow test - basically, they gave a scenario and was asked to create a flowchart. Nothing too complex.
    5) Lunch with 3 team members
    6) Panel Interview - About 7 to 8 people
    8) 1:1 with VP
    9) 2 Part Quiz - Puzzle + SQL

Didn't get the offer. They never explained or communicated the reason for not selecting.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are in disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a scheduled phone call session with Principal Product Engineer where an exchange of information was done. Later, other managers interviewed through the phone. I was explained what all tasks (typical analog validation) I have to do when I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was regarding my Resume. They asked about my projects and past experience.   Answer Question
    • How good are you in LabVIEW? What are repeatability and Reproducibility?   Answer Question

Ncg Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR with behavioral questions, then had an all day interview with other engineers who had a lot of technical questions. Went to lunch with manager and his co-workers mid-day. Very nice environment

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

-First, a 75 minute phone interview, lots of technical questions about C programming, object oriented programming, and talking about the job position itself
    -Once the decision was made to move onto an in person interview, they emailed me a weekend project to write a bunch of small programs in assembly code, this was to be completed preferably in a few days but certainly before the interview
    -Then, and in person 7-hour interview, lunch included, but constant interviewing by different engineers on an individual basis

The in person interview:
    -Long, grueling, lots of technical questions
    -However, if you show the effort/process in your answers (on the whiteboard) this looks good even if you get the answers wrong
    -Some of the interviewers were very laid back compared to others

HR called me back 2 days later with an offer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Hour long interview. The interviewer was uninterested in resume and only wanted me to answer technical questions for an hour. the interview was very nice and helpful with difficult questions. I was given a sheet of paper to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write VHDL for D Flip Flop
      Implement Cmos transistors to make an inverter   Answer Question