Microchip Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Very informal. 7 interviews, whole day. Some were technical and some behavioral. Overall a very good experience. Met with HR, then 6 technical folks. Had lunch with manager.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Hour long interview. The interviewer was uninterested in resume and only wanted me to answer technical questions for an hour. the interview was very nice and helpful with difficult questions. I was given a sheet of paper to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write VHDL for D Flip Flop
      Implement Cmos transistors to make an inverter

Engineer I/II – Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with the manager of the group holding a phone interview (about 30min) but went longer due to good conversation. Once clearing initial screening, I was told HR would email me with more information and did within a day or so. I secured a second interview onsite, which entailed interviewing with 9 different people. 6 individual 30 minute interviews and a lunch with 3 people for 1hr30min.

Totally blew the technical questions and was asked to leave. Review your basic electronics
    I was given a paper with 3 different circuits and asked to analyze them. I was told that it would ramp up from there and only get more difficult. Hope this helps someone find gainful employment.

Lots of growth and acquisition occurring within the company. Validation is attempting to become its own group. The manager I interviewed with was a nice guy and had plenty of helpful advice after deciding it wasn't going to work out.

Interview Questions

• Vin o--
                z = R1
                0-----Vout
                z = R2
            ground

Identify the circuit and solve for Vout

Vin=5v

| |Device 2
                     | |______
                     |-------------->| Reset
                                         |__________

What is the purpose of D1?
      Answer Question
    • In regards to python, how would you:

-obtain the last character in a string?
      -obtain the length of the string?
      -obtain the Type (ex: string, int, list) of an object?
      -print a number to 3 decimal places?
      -wait for something in the code?
      -create a list?
      -add an item to a list?
      -obtain the last 3 items in a list?
      -create a dictionary?
      -add an item to a dictionary?

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

For the "technical" part of the interview, they asked questions pertinent to projects and technologies listed on my resume. They asked me to "rate" my skills of the specific technologies/languages on a scale of 1-5, and a few basic technical questions. Didn't have to do any whiteboard problem solving. After the technical part, I had the normal HR type interview, i.e. "tell me how you handled a problem with another employee, what does integrity mean to you..." etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a compiled languages and an interpreted language?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview with the manager. Then follows the onsite interview with 11people. The employees there seem to like their company very much. They all talked about how microchip doesn't like to lay people off. Environment there is really nice. But I got beaten up by other candidates with more experience.

NCG Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard 6 hour interview with one HR round and close to 6 technical rounds. Basic questions about ADC's, op amps, filters, architecture of a microcontroller and some basic C programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How does malloc work and what is the difference between malloc and calloc. Also how to realize an 2-input AND gate using a 2x1 multiplexer   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR department scheduled a phone interview which took about 15 minutes very basic questions. Went in for a formal interview (it was a two person panel). lasted about 45 minutes very straight forward questions. The panel was very friendly and were very knowledgeable. The interview was very causal as well.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have pertaining to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing negative about the interview process

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Applied through university and got a call from the recruiter. Long exhaustive interview with 6-7 rounds including presentation and lunch. First round was with hiring manager on phone. Then face to face with different team managers and members.

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I got a call after about 2-3 months when I submitted the application. We discussed general items from my resume.

A few days later, I received a call to set up a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview lasted for about 7 hours, and I had an interview with 10 different people separately. They all asked general questions from my resume, but they each had 1 or 2 technical questions for me. The final interviewer was the HR Director, which she asked general behavioral questions about previous work experiences/employees.

After about 3 weeks, the HR Director sent me an email notifying me that I was not the selected candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can a non-inverting op-amp have a gain smaller than 1? Why or why not?   1 Answer
    • If you have a "black box" circuit, and your options of what's inside is a constant voltage source (CVS) or a constant current source (CCS), what kind of tests can you do to determine what's in the box?   1 Answer
    • If you have an IC with a maximum temperature rating of 75C, a junction to ambient thermal resistance of 50C/Watt, and a power dissipation of 1W during normal operation, will the chip be able to function in room temperature?   1 Answer
    • If you're providing a product to a customer, for example a temperature sensor accurate to 1C, how do you know it's actually accurate?   1 Answer
    • How do you perform a continuity test on a chip?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I had applied online for the position and was contacted directly, via email, by the hiring manager for setting up a phone interview. During the phone interview questions were asked from the following topics: legal/work authorization questions, basic C/C++ (OOP) questions and questions about my qualifications. I was also asked to rate myself on the technologies required for the job.